Urgent Situation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

undergradstudent

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I hope you are all well and are staying safe! I’m in quite an issue and I am losing so much sleep from it.

I am on a pre dental track and I got a C+ in a biology class last semester and I was torn from it. I ended registering for the class again but that was a big mistake. I took Organic chemistry 2 but having taken Organic Chemistry 1 online, this has not been a pleasant class at the moment.

I fell behind in my class that I’m retaking and really want to drop it and retake it next semester when my schedule is more organized. Would it be bad on me if I allow a W on this transcript with the C+? Are my chances of dental school over? I have received all A’s in my classes and one A- in Gen Chem 2. This C+ is really frustrating me and I don’t think my mind is able to keep up with both this class and Orgo 2, which is why I feel like I should just retake it later on but I think admissions seeing both a C+ and a W for the same course would result in me not being admitted. Please help me :( Idk what else to do and I feel so hopeless

Thank you for your time!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello everyone! I hope you are all well and are staying safe! I’m in quite an issue and I am losing so much sleep from it.

I got a C+ in a class last semester and I was torn from it. I ended registering for the class again but that was a big mistake. I took Organic chemistry 2 but having taken Organic Chemistry 1 online, this has not been a pleasant class at the moment.

I fell behind in my class that I’m retaking and really want to drop it and retake it next semester when my schedule is more organized. Would it be bad on me if I allow a W on this transcript with the C+? Are my chances of dental school over? I have received all A’s in my classes and one A- in Gen Chem 2. This C+ is really frustrating me and I don’t think my mind is able to keep up with both this class and Orgo 2, which is why I feel like I should just retake it later on when I have time. What should I do? I’m so lost, and I’m so miserable, I have anxiety and I can’t keep myself relaxed.

Thank you for your time!
Chill. Work out, do something non academic that you love or at least interests you. It seems counter productive but your placing so much pressure on yourself. Your not relaxing and more importantly focusing on bigger picture. Instead of feeling ashamed of C+, I say congrats, your not a robot. If all else looks good you have nothing to worry about. Recalibrate and assess next steps calmly.

Reactions: 2 users
Withdraw, get some help from your academic learning services office and psychological services, and organize yourself better. Talk to your university advisors if you have Austin's in the process to withdraw.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Withdraw, get some help from your academic learning services office and psychological services, and organize yourself better. Talk to your university advisors if you have Austin's in the process to withdraw.
What do you mean “if you have Austin’s”?

I got into 6 dental schools this past cycle with 3 C+s and a W (Gen Chem 2, Gen Chem Lab, and Calc 1, W in Gen Chem 2, all during freshman year), just beef everything else up and you're gonna be fine.
I got a 21 in Gen Chem on the DAT, had an strong upward trend, and did a ton of extracurriculars (dental and research) to make up for my low freshman year grades.

Reactions: 1 user