You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
URI Interview
Started by TheDarkKnight14
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
do you know anything about the program?Yes! and I'm going on the 4th![]()
Cool thanks! How is the area it's located in? And is it your first choice?Yea, I actually did my undergrad at URI. The program is small about 30-32 students, all classes are in the same building. They have an on campus outpatient clinic available to patients from the University and local community.
cool thanks bro!During the summer is great, you're close to the ocean. You are about 45 min from the city, and an 1 hr from boston. The the campus is located at a suburban town in RI.
I will be attending the January 4th interview at 9 am. URI is in a pretty cool part of RI. It's where a lot of the beach towns are and a little less than 30 minutes from downtown Providence by car. Expect some snow in the winter but most likely not blizzard weather, and the summers can be hot and humid.
Definitely thinking about it. Sounds like a really nice place. Just gotta make the reservation. So busy and I keep forgetting the three hour time difference, although I tried calling today and I kept getting the voicemail. :| What about yourself?Yeah I got the invite this morning... Are u going?
Yeah, I've been really busy too...Currently taking 3 courses (zoology, physio, and chem1B), so it's been non-stop tests for the past monthDefinitely thinking about it. Sounds like a really nice place. Just gotta make the reservation. So busy and I keep forgetting the three hour time difference, although I tried calling today and I kept getting the voicemail. :| What about yourself?


...I'm going to call them on Thursday or Friday. Flights to Rhode Island are pretty expensive, so I've been searching for the cheapest airlines from Southern Cali.It looks like a really good program...seems competitive due to the low tuition, as the average GPA is 3.7 according to PTCAS. I wasn't planning on visiting anymore schools on the east coast after getting into UNE, but URI seems too good to pass up on, so I'm 80% sure I'm gonna check it out.
Hey everyone! I will be there on the 4th as well. Does anyone know how many students will be interviewed, and how long the program usually takes to get back about admissions decisions after the interview? Thank you!
I'll be heading to the interview tomorrow too. I don't really know what to expect but I looked at older threads and it seems like in previous years they have gotten back to students only several days after the interview. Hope that helps.
what did everyone think?
I thought it went great! The students seem to be really happy about attending URI and the broadening experience is certainly a selling point! I love the faculty to student ratio too 🙂 How did you like it? This may sound creepy but I believe you sat next to me in the conference room?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I liked what the program had to offer, and the students and teachers seemed like they got along with each other well. The broadening experience seems like a fun trip as well. I also like that the PT department gets their own cadavers.what did everyone think?
As for the negatives, I don't like how it starts in the summer, I would prefer to take anatomy during the semester. It's also in a very isolated location. I'm not a big town person at all, but it was a little too small for me.
I
its not creepy..lol because I do think you sat next to me in the conference roomI'll be heading to the interview tomorrow too. I don't really know what to expect but I looked at older threads and it seems like in previous years they have gotten back to students only several days after the interview. Hope that helps.
I also thought it went great .. the professors and students seemed to really get along and it was so laid back compared to my past interview. the ice and broadening experiences , and the potential paid internship option is deff a plus. I cant wait to hear back 

Yeah I was surprised at the amount of people that they interviewed as well. I'm a little nervous about my 1 on 1 interview, as I felt the professor was asking some tricky questions (even though he said it would be a normal conversation lol). I just did a small tour around Providence and Newport, and they are really cool areas. Makes me feel better about the surrounding environment cuz the campus is in the boonies lol, Also, the weather isn't as bad as I thought it would be 🙂I loved it! I feel the interview went well too. I was surprised that they will be interviewing 150 in total for 30 spots! Makes me nervous. I think it is my top choice after today.
Hey all,
I just had my interview at URI and was surprised how enjoyable the whole thing was. The teachers were laid back and all of the currents students seemed like they were people I would want to hang out with.
I have no idea if I fell in the top 20% of candidates, but hoping for the best
I just had my interview at URI and was surprised how enjoyable the whole thing was. The teachers were laid back and all of the currents students seemed like they were people I would want to hang out with.
I have no idea if I fell in the top 20% of candidates, but hoping for the best
Yeah I was surprised at the amount of people that they interviewed as well. I'm a little nervous about my 1 on 1 interview, as I felt the professor was asking some tricky questions (even though he said it would be a normal conversation lol). I just did a small tour around Providence and Newport, and they are really cool areas. Makes me feel better about the surrounding environment cuz the campus is in the boonies lol, Also, the weather isn't as bad as I thought it would be 🙂
Really liked it on Monday. Seemed like a great place to be. that snow though. not the biz when it comes to flying out...haha
Congrats to those of you who were accepted! Crossing my fingers for an acceptance as well...
Congrats!! I'm getting nervous now...I don't think I did well in the interview...I kinda went in overconfident and didn't really prepare for itI got an acceptance call yesterday and definitely plan to accept. I am very excited!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone been pulled off the waitlist?
How were you notified of a waitlist? I haven't heard anything at all yetHas anyone been pulled off the waitlist?

I wasn't notified of anything either. I just figured that there must be one if they already sent out their acceptance a couple of weeks ago.
Looking at past threads, it seems they don't tell you unless you 1) call them or 2) wait until flippen February apparently.
Nah. I haven't either. Figured it's probably a rejection or at best, waitlist by now.
I feel like this would be true for all schools initially. haha Then the other acceptances start rolling in and people start making their choices. but I do wish they would just send out the rejection notices already. I understand if they might wait before shooting the waitlist out, but if they already have a rejection list in mind, waiting a month seems excessive.I e-mailed Dr. Roush, and she said that it most likely is a rejection as there was a high matriculation rate this year from students who were offered admission first. 🙁
Yeah I was surprised by her answer...I thought for sure we would be on the wait list since it's been a month already 😡I feel like this would be true for all schools initially. haha Then the other acceptances start rolling in and people start making their choices. but I do wish they would just send out the rejection notices already. I understand if they might wait before shooting the waitlist out, but if they already have a rejection list in mind, waiting a month seems excessive.
Looking at last year's thread, they heard on the 5th of Feb. wompwomp
Yeah I'm pretty much waiting for my rejection letter at this point lolLooking at last year's thread, they heard on the 5th of Feb. wompwomp
...
Last edited:
I'm waiting beside ya brother. WINTER IS COMING. Or with that current weather, winter has come and has somehow delayed everyone's emails.Yeah I'm pretty much waiting for my rejection letter at this point lol
hahaha...yeah I guess they call it snail mail for a reason! I'm expecting a quality printed rejection letter printed on beautiful silk paper delivered through the mail as a courtesy of us spending so much money to travel and interview there.I'm waiting beside ya brother. WINTER IS COMING. Or with that current weather, winter has come and has somehow delayed everyone's emails.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hahaha...yeah I guess they call it snail mail for a reason! I'm expecting a quality printed rejection letter printed on beautiful silk paper delivered through the mail as a courtesy of us spending so much money to travel and interview there.
I'll be on the lookout for some carrier pigeons or owls in the upcoming weeks for sure.
With all the snow that we've been getting I'm sure carrier pigeons/owls are the most efficient method of sending postal mail!
Nice! Congrats. The waiting paid off
Congrats!! Did they tell you how many spots were still open? This give me some hope that I'm still on the waiting listSo I just received a call from uri and was offered a spot, hope this info helps


