You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
urine colors
Started by JenMixx
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
There are definitely lists out there, and entire journal articles...
http://journals.lww.com/smajournalo...al_Urine_Color__Differential_Diagnosis.8.aspx
There is apparently a www.urinecolors.com
What color does prolonged propofol use turn your urine?
http://journals.lww.com/smajournalo...al_Urine_Color__Differential_Diagnosis.8.aspx
There is apparently a www.urinecolors.com
What color does prolonged propofol use turn your urine?
Hey guys,
This is going to sound silly, but I'm trying to make a list of medications that will cause a patient's urine to change color. Like rifampicin and reddish-orange urine, or cimetidine and bluish urine... Does anyone have a list of these?
Thanks!
it's in the back of every lexi-comp in the appendices
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pink
EDIT: so i decided to google it just to be sure and I didn't realize it could also turn it green?! Now, that is interesting...
EDIT: so i decided to google it just to be sure and I didn't realize it could also turn it green?! Now, that is interesting...
I've seen the green, never seen pink.
Green!
Rifampin makes your urine look like orange Kool Aid.
Agree with green.
We used to whip up these little concoctions in chem lab that would turn the urine green, blue or red, depending on what we put in them. Then we'd sneak them into other peoples' drinks.
We used to whip up these little concoctions in chem lab that would turn the urine green, blue or red, depending on what we put in them. Then we'd sneak them into other peoples' drinks.
You learn something new everyday. I knew the rifampin one because we went over that in ID. But yeah, I guess if someone wasn't told their urine would turn a freaky color, they might get scared.
Micromedex has a really comprehensive list of drugs by color of urine and feces too.
My sister decided to take megadoses of B12 for what she feels is post-partum depression. Said turns most excretions neon yellow, including both urine and breastmilk. She freezes her breast milk and I swear it looks like lemon ice.
My sister decided to take megadoses of B12 for what she feels is post-partum depression. Said turns most excretions neon yellow, including both urine and breastmilk. She freezes her breast milk and I swear it looks like lemon ice.
It was probably the riboflavin in her B complex. It's strong yellow in solution and then it will also fluoresce under strong light to make it look brighter. B12 is more redish than yellow
My sister decided to take megadoses of B12 for what she feels is post-partum depression. Said turns most excretions neon yellow, including both urine and breastmilk. She freezes her breast milk and I swear it looks like lemon ice.
Friend: [Opens freezer] Hey, there's a lemon popsicle in here. 🙂 [starts licking it]
You: 😱 No! That's my sister's breast milk
Friend:
What??You: She freezes her breast milk. It's yellow b/c she takes B vitamins.
Friend: I . . . feel . . . sick . . .

Similar threads
- Replies
- 11
- Views
- 54K