URM Female School List!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

URMfemaleMPH

issa
7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Where are you considering applying? You would be completely fine just applying to top schools in addition to your state schools. No school is really out of reach for you.

Right now I'm definitely applying to Penn (top choice as of right now), Jefferson, Pitt, Temple, Drexel, Penn State, Commonwealth, and Emory.

I'm STRONGLY considering applying to Boston, Mt. Sinai, Tufts, Brown, Dartmouth, UCSF, UNC, NYU, Columbia, and Duke.

Other schools I'm considering include JHU, Harvard, Georgetown, GWU, UIC, Miami, Case Western, Stanford, USC Keck, UChicago, Ohio State, UCLA, Yale, and Howard. I'm hoping to narrow my list down to around 20 schools. Any additional suggestions or edits?

I would get rid of Tufts, Brown, UNC, and Dartmouth. All your choices look fine. To be honest you could get rid of some your IS private schools (Temple, Drexel, TCMC, etc.) and replace those with some of the other more selective schools on your list if you want to stick to applying to 20 schools.

Bumping this thread just because I think I slightly overestimated my science GPA... just formally calculated it and it's actually a 3.33:confused: Not sure if this significantly changes anything, but I would like to know relatively soon so that I can change my school list...

Did you not reply last cycle?

I agree with this (poor banned) poster. UNC is a great school - apply there if you love NC. Tufts, Brown and Dartmouth are lower ranked than some others so unless you are infatuated with these, they would be good to drop. If you want to stay in Pennsylvania, keep the Philly schools otherwise they are extraneous when you have Penn and Pitt. Enjoy!

I would get rid of Tufts, Brown, UNC, and Dartmouth. All your choices look fine. To be honest you could get rid of some your IS private schools (Temple, Drexel, TCMC, etc.) and replace those with some of the other more selective schools on your list if you want to stick to applying to 20 schools.

Thanks! So do you think it's okay to apply to top schools given my sGPA? I'm hoping my MCAT makes up for it
You should still be a strong candidate.
I don't know about Tufts, but Dartmouth and Brown both have historical connections and unless you really want to go to a school with a lot of research $$$ their rank is meaningless. The are around Dartmouth is nice but it's all small towns, unlike the others on your lists
I think the advice to apply anywhere you like that takes OOS students is still accurate.

I haven't seen Einstein mentioned but that would probably be a good addition.

Reactions: 1 user