urochester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jude979

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
any insight on the double-helix curriculum? pros/cons, any other thoughts on u of rochester med?

Members don't see this ad.

I loved the curriculum and the people at rochester, wasn't expecting that to be honest. I want to go into research so combining basic science then clinical then basic science seemed awesome to me. I sat through one of their pbl sessions and honestly it was better run than Cornell's (but remember overall this probably varies from leader to leader) but all the students participated...which at cornell's the leader did a surprising amount of talking at rochester the person just asked two questions during the entire session (45 minutes)
-I stayed with students and had alot of fun. they were very layed back and said they basically run off a 3 week cycle, (I hit them during the first week) one week off, one week warmup and one week of hard work...
-the students seemed very cohesive and actually did things together.
-the blind interview can be good or bad though just to warn you
-the facilities are amazing and they are building a transitional research building

I really liked Rochester a lot and feel some sense of devotion because it was my first acceptance--I just wish it was in a different city. Don't get me wrong, some people love Rochester, but after going to college in Maine, I need to be somewhere where it's at least slightly warmer... :)