Family Physician
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 23, 2002
California
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Hey everyone,

I'm starting my internship in July and my first block is urology. I found out from the residency coordinator that they are using a new urologist and I'll be the first resident to rotate with him/her. I was hoping to be able to learn a lot, while making a good impression for the program.

Consequently, can anyone recommend a good review or handbook that I can buy to read before and during the rotation. I'd like something that won't break the bank, but give me a sufficient overview of the specialty from a primary care perspective.

Thanks!

Richie Truxillo

Your Scut Monkey Mentor
15+ Year Member
Apr 26, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
You can also check out "Clinical manual of Urology" and "Urology Secrets" if you like. See if you can get em used on amazon. Smith's General Urology isn't bad either but I preferred the other two books.

Here are the links:

Urology Secrets
Clinical Manual of Urology

Good luck in your urology residency. Hope to be in the uro club next year :thumbup:

-Richie

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.