Urology Rotation Book Recommendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MdMdMd

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey !
What review book, ward book would you guys recommend to have on a urology rotation????????????

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Urology Secrets is a good, concise source for a rotation. It is in question-answer format and is a pretty easy read. Smith's General Urology is ok, but I didn't like it too much...didn't seem to have much depth in my opinion. Pocket Guide to Urology is very nice to have, and (not surprisingly), fits in your coat pocket. I think the author's name is Jeff Weider if I remember correctly, but you can only buy this book online for about $20 (google it, I don't think it was hard to find). I think for a rotation, any of those (or a combination) would be sufficient.

Any advice regarding urology sources would be incomplete without mentioning Campbells. It is certainly nice to have access to one for a reference source, but certainly don't go buy it (it is about $500). A good urologic surgical atlas is also nice to have access to for preparation for the OR the next day...I liked Glenns, but Hinmans is also good.

Hope this is helpful.

awesome advice....thanks so much!

pocketguide to urology (3rd edition coming soon) is excellent along with oxford. wouldnt recommend secrets. if you get a hardcore textbook, get glenn's urology which is easier to digest than campbells.