US-IMG looking for Anesthesiology electives

Started by medstudam
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

medstudam

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi Folks!
I am looking to do an Anesthesiology elective rotation. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone can let me know of programs that I can contact. Thanks so much!
 
medstudam said:
Hi Folks!
I am a US IMG looking to do an Anesthesiology elective rotation. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone can let me know of programs that I can contact. Thanks so much!

If you are in the NYC area, try Mt. Sinai. They are pretty open to IMGs for extramurals. You have to apply early, though. It's a great elective, so I'm told.

-Skip
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
medstudam said:
Hi Folks!
I am a US IMG looking to do an Anesthesiology elective rotation. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone can let me know of programs that I can contact. Thanks so much!

You might want to try osteopathic programs as well. There are many DOs on this forum who can aid you in this search.
 
MSNavy......

why would an IMG do a rotation at an osteopathic program if DO programs only take DOs?... 👍 ....doesn't make sense....

on another note.....

Mt Sinai was a great rotation.... 👍
UPENN was a good rotation.....

depends what area of the country you are looking for......