US IMG low step 1 and step 2 ck 253

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rzlz

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I hope all is well. I did very poor step 1. I refocused and did very well and got 253 on Ck. I am US IMG. CHANCES OF matching family med?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Probably good. There's no way to know. You're going to apply and find out. There's nothing you can change about it at this point - do as well as you can going forward, get good LOR's, and apply to reasonable programs.

You can put your info into Residency Explorer if you want.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello,
I hope all is well. I did very poor step 1. I refocused and did very well and got 253 on Ck. I am US IMG. CHANCES OF matching family med?
I mean, i dont mean to make you uncomfortable, but what if your definition of poor?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was surprised but if I'm rememering correctly the charting the outcomes 2020 had 210 as the average step 1 score for a matched us img applicant, so you will probably match. edit: yeah I checked it, pages 14 +15 of this document, you are in like the 90th percentile + for matched applicants for step 2 and 210 is about the average for matched applicants for step 1 Main Residency Match Data and Reports - The Match, National Resident Matching Program

Last edited:
Hello,

Can I ask how you improved your step 2 score? I got my step 1 score today and unfortunately it was lower than predicted at a 217 (I wanted to match into IM but not sure if it's possible anymore)

Can I ask how you improved your step 2 score? I got my step 1 score today and unfortunately it was lower than predicted at a 217 (I wanted to match into IM but not sure if it's possible anymore)
Sorry for late reply. A resident who matched in DRadialogy us IMg told about Uworld notes. He said read 20 pages a day and do 20 uworld random every day. Uworld notes is a pdf like 1000 pages. First 2 passes of notes were rough. After 3 to 5 passes it stuck. Also doing uworld noted you get better scores on uworld. I did this for 1 year and I did well on ck. I also did online med ed when I was sick of uworld.

Sorry for late reply. A resident who matched in DRadialogy us IMg told about Uworld notes. He said read 20 pages a day and do 20 uworld random every day. Uworld notes is a pdf like 1000 pages. First 2 passes of notes were rough. After 3 to 5 passes it stuck. Also doing uworld noted you get better scores on uworld. I did this for 1 year and I did well on ck. I also did online med ed when I was sick of uworld.
Where can you find UWorld notes PDF? Can you please share the link? Thanks

Where can you find UWorld notes PDF? Can you please share the link? Thanks
Sure. Can I have your email? My version was 2018 version. I think their is newer but unsure.