US news' PT rankings (from 2008), does it matter?

Started by Luelinks
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Yeah it's accredited, it's a branch of a large state school.

You need to hit up this list and check out all these options and do some quick research.
http://www.apta.org/AM/Template.cfm...schools/acc_schools_map.cfm&process=3&type=PT

Some schools aren't ranked because I believe they can self-select out of it or are small enough and not as well known. Also, some have smaller class sizes so they might not make the radar as much, but it's not the end of the world. I think you can still get a good education from these supposedly non-ranked schools. Don't let that scare you off. Actually, you can find some great deals from these sort of schools because of this factor.

Their pricepoint is pretty great at 30,000 tuition, some of these schools you can apply are more than 4x the price. I think if you're an in-state student you should definitely apply to there and their Baltimore campus too. Out of state I'd give it more thought as to whether apply or not. Look at their website and learn more about them, I wouldn't get too caught up in ranking for the most part, it's just one thing to consider.

What else to consider?
Start with some of the factors in this thread.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=779394
 
http://grad-schools.usnews.rankings...schools/top-physical-therapy-schools/rankings

I'm looking at a lot of schools, (I am still a Junior in college), and one school I am interested in is not ranked on there at all - Uni. of Maryland - Eastern Shore.

Does that REALLY make a difference in ANYTHING? It is accredited.

Hey, I got accepctance of Uni of Maryland school of medicine or called baltimore campus. They have really good program. I like their curriculum and professors are so nice. Why not try to apply this school?
 
Hey, I got accepctance of Uni of Maryland school of medicine or called baltimore campus. They have really good program. I like their curriculum and professors are so nice. Why not try to apply this school?

I will definitely apply. I love the Northern Va, DC, Annapolis area, so fitting in right at Baltimore would be awesome. Not sure if I am competitive enough, but it will be a school to check out!