US news & world report subscription

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fedekz

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had gone back and forth if I wanted to pay the $30 for a years subscription to US news & world report and finally decided to go through with it tonight.

If you're considering it, I wouldn't waste your money. The MSAR is 10x more useful in my opinion. However one cool thing about USNWR is they have statistics for post interview acceptances given and number of matriculants, which MSAR lacks. So I can at least see accurate post interview acceptance rates...

Just thought I'd share and maybe save someone $30

Members don't see this ad.

Another way to save a couple bucks on subscriptions. The last guy that lived at my address was apparently a physician. He had a subscription to NEJM. After calling to let them know he no longer lived here and they should probably redirect the subscription to his new address, they started delivered two copies instead of one (one to my front door and one to my mailbox). That's an option.

Reactions: 2 users
I had gone back and forth if I wanted to pay the $30 for a years subscription to US news & world report and finally decided to go through with it tonight.

If you're considering it, I wouldn't waste your money. The MSAR is 10x more useful in my opinion. However one cool thing about USNWR is they have statistics for post interview acceptances given and number of matriculants, which MSAR lacks. So I can at least see accurate post interview acceptance rates...

Just thought I'd share and maybe save someone $30

Thought they post step 1 scores too although I hear they are inaccurate or out of date

Members don't see this ad :)
Thought they post step 1 scores too although I hear they are inaccurate or out of date

You know what, you're right. Step 1, and step 2 scores are on there. It shows the number of students who sat the exam, pass rate %, and the average score. It says the statistics are from 2014. I don't have anything to verify the reliability of the numbers on there, but they look correct.

The other highly annoying thing about US News is that they have advertisements on EVERY PAGE. As a paying customer, I don't think I should have to put up with that! grr

The other highly annoying thing about US News is that they have advertisements on EVERY PAGE. As a paying customer, I don't think I should have to put up with that! grr

Adblock ftw

Reactions: 2 users
You know what, you're right. Step 1, and step 2 scores are on there. It shows the number of students who sat the exam, pass rate %, and the average score. It says the statistics are from 2014. I don't have anything to verify the reliability of the numbers on there, but they look correct.
You can save me $30 by posting the Step 1 and Step 2 scores.

Reactions: 1 user