US Optometry school financing for Candian Citizens

Started by paglee
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

paglee

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone
I got accepted to two optometry schools in US. However, it's getting tough for me to finance the education. For Canadian Citizens, could you guys please let me know how you financed your education. How much did Gov't loans help? Getting a creditworthy co-signer is one of the issues I'm having 🙁 Please Let me know
 
Hi everyone
I got accepted to two optometry schools in US. However, it's getting tough for me to finance the education. For Canadian Citizens, could you guys please let me know how you financed your education. How much did Gov't loans help? Getting a creditworthy co-signer is one of the issues I'm having 🙁 Please Let me know


Hi. This link provides useful information about stafford loans. http://www.finaid.org/loans/studentloan.phtml Optometry student loans can be considered the same as medical student loans. But, I'm not sure about whether you can use them being a Canadian Citizen. I have been looking for scholarship assistance, I would check with your optometry school's financial aid office and ask about any types of scholarships you may be eligible for. GL.