1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

us versus caribbean ?? The right path is.....

Discussion in 'General International Discussion' started by bpvm99, May 25, 2000.

1. bpvm99

bpvm99 Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Hi, I am in the process of applying to med schools here in the US. If I don't get in the first time should I reapply thru AMCAS or consider applying abroad? Are foreign medical graduates really that disadvantaged?? It seems as though schools like Ross and St. George are ok but are they really a scam or legitimate?? If my dream is to become a doctor then should I consider going to a Caribbean school?? If so which one is the absolute best?? Thanks, B

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. cbc16

cbc16 Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

If you really want to be a physician, an established offshore school is a legit way to go about it. Just make sure you do your homework. Also think about DO school

4. Future DOc

Future DOc Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Rule of thumb: Exhaust all of the US programs first (MD & DO) before considering outside programs. If getting into a US program is not a possibility, then consider the outside programs. Stay here before you go there!! [​IMG]
    Good luck!!!

Rob
    WesternU/COMP MS III