USA AEGD 2 years program , license in Canada

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Redvodo2020

Reaction score
I have a question regarding AEGD for international dentist not from USA or Canada.

When I finish the program ( 24 AEGD) from USA , I will have license to work in 7 states in the USA.

My question is this qualify me to work in Canada ? As I live in Canada now.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

If you want to work in Canada and the US, just do a qualifying program and that will allow you to do both.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think you should ask the Canadian dental board/licensing authorities in the province you are wanting to work in. Here is a website of the National Dental Examining Board of Canada with the information for all of the Canadian Dental Regulatory Authorities contact information: Contacts and Organizations | The National Dental Examining Board of Canada

I think you would need to get at least NDEB certified or pass the NDEB Equivalency Process for Canadian licensure. I'm not sure if a 24 month AEGD in the USA would qualify you for the accredited program track (Graduates of Accredited Dental Programs | The National Dental Examining Board of Canada) or if you would have to go through the non-accredited program track (Graduates of Non-Accredited Dental Programs | The National Dental Examining Board of Canada). You may also want to reach out to the Canadian NDEB to clarify which program track you would be eligible to pursue for the NDEB certification.

Thanks for your answer. I did send 2 emails the last month with no response.
Regarding the program, If you entered the NDEB site ,accredited program list. You will find the AEGD listed. This is what makes me hope it will be enough.
Any way I waiting for there answer, if they did.
Thanks for ur help

Thanks for your answer. I did send 2 emails the last month with no response.
Regarding the program, If you entered the NDEB site ,accredited program list. You will find the AEGD listed. This is what makes me hope it will be enough.
Any way I waiting for there answer, if they did.
Thanks for ur help
Hello,
Did you hear back from them?