USA- Austin Fall 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mcobar2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard back from USA on Fall admissions yet?

Members don't see this ad.

I think they got all my goodies first week of September and then I got an email on 10/25 giving me account information to follow the status of my application & such.

I am pretty sure I read that they do not start contact people regarding interviews until four to eight weeks after the deadline. The deadline for Fall is not until December 15th and I would imagine they are still finalizing incoming May students.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am pretty sure I read that they do not start contact people regarding interviews until four to eight weeks after the deadline. The deadline for Fall is not until December 15th and I would imagine they are still finalizing incoming May students.
That's what I figured. They also sent me info about the site to keep me posted on my status of my application. Guess I'm just super anxious to hear back about an interview and/or acceptance.

Could someone keep posted on if they hear anything about an interview and when it is for the Fall 2013? I just sent my application in about a week ago. Is it true they do rolling admissions? I read that on another thread. Also, if anyone doesn't mind sharing, what are your stats?

Kelly

I am not so sure that they do rolling admissions. The University of St. Augustine website states this...

"Files will move on for review once the deadline has passed. This process generally takes about 4-8 weeks to complete."

I sent mine in about a week and a half ago so I am kind of on the same timeline as you. I will let you know if I hear anything.

I believe they just performed the interviews for the summer class on Friday. My best guess is they will be busy rendering decisions for that class for a bit.

prob start interviewing for September class around March..

I was accepted in the Jan 2013 class and they are still finalizing my paper work as of (12/5) and I interviewed (11/2) so I would be patient. I am pretty sure they are not having a May 2013 class for Austin.

Interesting...do you know why they are not having a May 2013 class for Austin?

maybe the campus wont be done till the fall

Not sure. They did tell us that they are still building but not sure if thats the reason.

I was waitlisted for January 2013 at Austin and just notified that the class is full and my application will be considered for the September class. No May class at Austin

Members don't see this ad :)
anybody get an interview offer from Austin for the September class yet?

Nope, nothing yet. This wait is killing me. It seems like we should be hearing something very soon if the San Marcos campus applications are starting to get emails

The email has got to be coming this week, right?? What is taking so long?

If you chose both the Florida and Texas campuses, can you only interview for one?

If you chose both the Florida and Texas campuses, can you only interview for one?

I designated Austin as my #1 & Florida as my #2 on my application. On my candidate login thing under Austin is reads " Your Application is Under Review by our Admissions Committee" and under Florida it reads "Your Application has been received and is currently being processed." What's up with this?

Sent an email this morning. Received a reply from Steve Jones that said we should be hearing something by early next week. So hold tight, everyone

Thanks for the update! I'm dying over here!

Yeah I looked at your stats, and I'm pretty surprised, as well.

Was it a flat out rejection or a waitlisting? What about the Florida campus?

So how did the interview go for everyone? I thought it went great and I'm hoping all of us in our group gets in. Hopefully we'll hear something soon

I thought the interview went really well. Can't wait to find out!

Im pretty nervous about getting the results, but the current students made me feel less nervous :) :)

I hope we hear soon. I'm not sure I can take much more of this waiting

i hope so too, its pretty nerve wrecking, especially during spring break.

Just curious if anyone here is in the second group of interviewees that's this Friday, the 22nd?

I have an interview in the second round on the 22nd in Austin. I am curious what my chances of getting in are since I am in this round.

Has anyone from the first round of interviews hear anything yet?

I had an interview March 8th as well at Austin! Anxious to hear back but they said it would take about 3 weeks. They said they were taking about 45-50 people and there were about 40 of us there. I don't know if they are filling up a majority of the class from our interview or taking about the same from each group. I wonder how many people they are interviewing on the 22nd. Let us know?

Hi mrah, I heard it takes up to 3 weeks but I think people from the other campuses have been getting accepted already. So I think we should hear back soon?

I guess we get to wait and see! I was just thinking they would wait to contact after the second interview for Austin.

Just wondering how the interview went today in the second group? Did they say when decisions may be made?

The interviews went really good! They said decisions will be made this week, at the latest the beginning of next week!

I emailed Steve Jones Monday morning and he said they were hoping to have decision made by Friday. Hopefully it will be sooner.

Looks like about 70 interviewed for 45-50 spots. I am SO nervous. I have a tough physiology test tomorrow that can't concentrate on

I emailed Steve Jones Monday morning and he said they were hoping to have decision made by Friday. Hopefully it will be sooner.

Looks like about 70 interviewed for 45-50 spots. I am SO nervous. I have a tough physiology test tomorrow that can't concentrate on

where did you get those numbers from?

There were about 35 in the first group. Someone from the first group messaged me and said they had talked to someone in the second group who said they also had about 35 people. We were told at our interview they were looking to fill about 45-50 spots.

I am SO nervous too! I can't focus on anything! I hope it's before Friday because that's Good Friday and a holiday for most people :/

I know in the second round there were several people that had already been accepted in other programs also, so hopefully that will help all our chances!