USA- Austin Fall 2013

Started by mcobar2
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I didn't even think about it being Good Friday. Ugh that means it could be pushed to next week. Noooooooo I can't take another weekend of not knowing.

That's good to hear that people from your round had already been accepted to other programs. I'm sure it was the same in my group. Fingers crossed.
 
I think they're open tomorrow. I don't think Steve Jones would have said by this Friday if they were going to be closed.

At least, I hope they're open
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My heart rose when I got the email last Friday! Just one more full day to get through, ya'll! 😀
 
Lets hope we don't get another email Friday telling us we'll know next week. That would be brutal.
 
Hi everyone!

I'm looking to apply to St. Augustine this June and was wondering if any of you guys had any advice regarding the admissions process. I'm still just putting the application together and I am a nervous wreck! 🙁

Good luck to all of you who are currently waiting to hear back from them!!
 
Looks like tomorrow is (hopefully) the day. I'm trying not to be too anxious, that won't change anything that has already been decided.

I'm hoping that the reason they're taking so long is because they have so many deserving candidates, that they're trying to figure out how to accept as many as possible.

Good luck, everyone.
 
Looks like tomorrow is (hopefully) the day. I'm trying not to be too anxious, that won't change anything that has already been decided.

I'm hoping that the reason they're taking so long is because they have so many deserving candidates, that they're trying to figure out how to accept as many as possible.

Good luck, everyone.

Yup, well I did hear that one class did wait about a month to know their admission status, that's about the same amount of length we have waited for. I think we'll hear in the morning, since that's when we got the previous email. But best of luck to all. 🙂🙂🙂
 
yea I did, but i didn't get any info, I don't know if admissions work on weekends. so....... :/
 
I e-mailed Heather, she says they are working on it and 'hope to have decisions out by early next week'. Darn. Sure wish they had let us know this morning, I've been worrying all day!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There are a lot of options and a good variety of prices to fit different budgets. I called and talked to Heather, and she emailed me a list of apartments that were around the school. If you let me know your budget I could direct you to specific ones I looked at. If you have pets be ready to dish out some pet deposit money. Also some of the apartments have allocated water bills which I didnt like, and a valet trash fee. I chose Remington Hills because it was about 6 miles from the school, very big 2 bedroom and the pet deposit was the most reasonable I found. For a 988 sq.ft. 2 bedroom apartment with our pet rent included it will be $1,008 a month. If you have any more questions pm me because ill see it in my email and can answer it quicker!
 
Congratulations to everyone in the fall 2013 DPT class!!! We heard that there were more than 200 competitive applicants for the 50 spots.

I'm a 2nd trimester student at USA in Austin and I love it 🙂 Send me a message if you have any questions. If you are trying to figure out housing, right now most of the USA students live at Camden Stoneleigh. It's 5 minutes from campus. Good luck everyone! See you in 4 months!!!