USA- Austin Fall 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I didn't even think about it being Good Friday. Ugh that means it could be pushed to next week. Noooooooo I can't take another weekend of not knowing.

That's good to hear that people from your round had already been accepted to other programs. I'm sure it was the same in my group. Fingers crossed.

Members don't see this ad.

Looks like we may be waiting until next week...

I think they're open tomorrow. I don't think Steve Jones would have said by this Friday if they were going to be closed.

At least, I hope they're open

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha I hope so. I mean tomorrow does make 3 weeks for us March 8th peeps.

Their academic calendar doesn't show them being closed tomorrow..... So there's a chance.....

Anyone else just get the email saying we will hear by the end of next week?

I'm glad they let us know though!

I was in the first round of interviews at the Austin campus and I also got the email this morning!

How much did y'all's heart rate rise when you saw this thread bumped?

:naughty:

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha the wait continues. My guess is they may wait until Friday.

Holy Cow! I never knew waiting could be so hard. Sure hope I'm celebrating Friday night :)

My heart rose when I got the email last Friday! Just one more full day to get through, ya'll! :D

Lets hope we don't get another email Friday telling us we'll know next week. That would be brutal.

Hi everyone!

I'm looking to apply to St. Augustine this June and was wondering if any of you guys had any advice regarding the admissions process. I'm still just putting the application together and I am a nervous wreck! :(

Good luck to all of you who are currently waiting to hear back from them!!

Looks like tomorrow is (hopefully) the day. I'm trying not to be too anxious, that won't change anything that has already been decided.

I'm hoping that the reason they're taking so long is because they have so many deserving candidates, that they're trying to figure out how to accept as many as possible.

Good luck, everyone.

Looks like tomorrow is (hopefully) the day. I'm trying not to be too anxious, that won't change anything that has already been decided.

I'm hoping that the reason they're taking so long is because they have so many deserving candidates, that they're trying to figure out how to accept as many as possible.

Good luck, everyone.

Yup, well I did hear that one class did wait about a month to know their admission status, that's about the same amount of length we have waited for. I think we'll hear in the morning, since that's when we got the previous email. But best of luck to all. :):):)

Almost 3 and nothing. I'm starting to think we may have to wait another weekend :cry:

Yea I haven't heard anything yet. I've been on edge all day!

Me too. I've tried not to think about it, but that's pretty much impossible

any one try calling?

Nope not yet. Did you? I assumed they would let us know either way the decision. Hopefully for all of us it is positive! Would they call on a Saturday? :(

yea I did, but i didn't get any info, I don't know if admissions work on weekends. so....... :/

I e-mailed Heather, she says they are working on it and 'hope to have decisions out by early next week'. Darn. Sure wish they had let us know this morning, I've been worrying all day!

Just got the email too! I'm in!!!

Just got the email too!! I'm in!! Congrats everyone!!!

I got mine too! Congrats everyone, can't wait to meet you all!

Congratulations everyone!!! I got in too! :D

So who wants to start the facebook page? :)

I can do it later tonight, but if anyone else wants to go ahead and start it, go right on ahead. :D How would people who got accepted but don't go on here know about the facebook page?

If y'all wanted to PM me your names and info, I can get it started and add as we go.

Ok everyone, I've added those of you that have PMed me as friends, after that I'll add y'all to the group.

I have. I actually found an apartment and put my deposit down and everything!

Would you mind sharing details of the apartment/cost/location/etc? Thanks!

There are a lot of options and a good variety of prices to fit different budgets. I called and talked to Heather, and she emailed me a list of apartments that were around the school. If you let me know your budget I could direct you to specific ones I looked at. If you have pets be ready to dish out some pet deposit money. Also some of the apartments have allocated water bills which I didnt like, and a valet trash fee. I chose Remington Hills because it was about 6 miles from the school, very big 2 bedroom and the pet deposit was the most reasonable I found. For a 988 sq.ft. 2 bedroom apartment with our pet rent included it will be $1,008 a month. If you have any more questions pm me because ill see it in my email and can answer it quicker!

Congratulations to everyone in the fall 2013 DPT class!!! We heard that there were more than 200 competitive applicants for the 50 spots.

I'm a 2nd trimester student at USA in Austin and I love it :) Send me a message if you have any questions. If you are trying to figure out housing, right now most of the USA students live at Camden Stoneleigh. It's 5 minutes from campus. Good luck everyone! See you in 4 months!!!