usa electives 2007

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doc2mohsen

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:thumbup: :thumbup: hi guys, how r u all? i hope all things doing well.
please i need to know some informations about usa electives. i hope u could help me (jazakom allah khyran).
i am now in my 5th year can i apply for it in my next summer vacation?
does that consider me in last year?
how can i choose the branche to attend?
and consider i didnt study surgery yet how can i apply for it?
and what is the amount of coverage required by medical school( in some schools it is 1 million:eek: )?!!!!!!!!
and how can i improve my vocabulary in this time?
plz anyone know anything plz p:love: :oops: lz plz help me

sorry 4 all these questions but i now consider u as my friends can u accept me too?:D

thank uuuuuuuuu

mohsen hosny:thumbup: ;)

Members don't see this ad.

Assuming yours is a 6 year program...yes, you are allowed to apply for it for the summer after 5th year. As soon as 5th year is over, you are considered a 6th (final year). But I'd start applying now, as spots fill up...apply early.

It's hard to decide what branch you want...but pick something that you think you may want to specialize in, in the future. By now you should know if you're more a medicine person or a surgery person. You haven't done surgery yet but surely, you must have had some surgical rotations by now. Just try to choose what you like and start eliminating fields you know you don't like. You can still apply for a gen surgery elective, but just a general elective (not a sub internship)

Does your school itself offer students medical indemnity protection? If so, usually the amount is for at least 1 million. If not, I'm not sure how you can go about getting yourself medical indemnity protection...you'd have to ask around. But yes, most rotations would require indemnity of about 1 million.

You can improve vocabulary by finding an English-speaker and just conversing. There are many vocabulary books out there too with practice exercises (maybe ones for the SAT which is the high school exam US students have to take). If you mean medical vocabulary, maybe just peruse your medical dictionary.

hi leorl thank u so much 4 ur answers so fast like that i really appreciate:p .
in concern to the 1 million i think now it is the problem how can i get such money:eek: :eek: :eek: :( ?is it necessary:smuggrin: ?
i dont think that my college offer indemnity protection.:scared: what can i do now?
actually now i'm trying to apply in many colleges hoping they accept me, at least one .
i was talking about vocabulary (general not medical) . could u plz tell me what is the english speaker?:oops:

thank u again leorl for this help:thumbup:

mohsen hosny