USA San marcos living/housing???

Started by wjs010
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

wjs010

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So, I've been searching for possible places to live to go to USA San marcos. Everytime I search for a san marcos apartment, it's either rated as unsafe, or senior . lol. Also, and which has come to a supreme disappointment, every time I search for safe areas of San marcos, there isn't one. It says FBI data says my chance of violent crime is 3/1,000 people. that's not very good lol. Does anyone have any clue where to live that I won't get butt raped walking to my car? I am not familiar with the area. I hear that Benchmark apartments are a very good value, but I don't know for sure. Of course, everything is expensive, so it can be very deceiving as to what is "ghetto" or not. Please help. Where do you guys live!? Thanks!

PS, I've been looking at the Visa area, which is about 7 miles northeast of San marcos. Doesn't sound like a bad commute. Is this a safe area? The apartments seem cheaper and still very nice!
 
So, I've been searching for possible places to live to go to USA San marcos. Everytime I search for a san marcos apartment, it's either rated as unsafe, or senior . lol. Also, and which has come to a supreme disappointment, every time I search for safe areas of San marcos, there isn't one. It says FBI data says my chance of violent crime is 3/1,000 people. that's not very good lol. Does anyone have any clue where to live that I won't get butt raped walking to my car? I am not familiar with the area. I hear that Benchmark apartments are a very good value, but I don't know for sure. Of course, everything is expensive, so it can be very deceiving as to what is "ghetto" or not. Please help. Where do you guys live!? Thanks!

PS, I've been looking at the Visa area, which is about 7 miles northeast of San marcos. Doesn't sound like a bad commute. Is this a safe area? The apartments seem cheaper and still very nice!


Have you been accepted and decided to go? Sometimes those things need to happen first before you stress yourself out about housing.........I am sure if you decide to go there are current and recently accepted students with plenty of info Good luck
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not all parts of San Marcos are bad. I'm from San Diego and went to CSUSM which is around the corner from USA. I live down south and will have a 30 min commute to USA but I'm ok with that because I live in a very nice neighborhood with low crime. There are parts of every city in the north county (Escondido, San Marcos, Vista, Oceanside) that are bad and parts that are nice. Really you just have to visit and get a feel for what you like.