Samuel Merritt vs. St. Augustine San Marcos

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DonnyTsu

Reaction score
Hey All!

I'm torn between my two acceptances: St. Augustine San Marcos and Samuel Merritt. Both programs I would start 2019 Fall.

A couple things about me:
- I'm getting married very close to both start dates
- We will be living off one income
- We are from the Bay Area, but enthusiastic to relocate since we will not be living at home.

The cost of tuition is about 20k difference (Samuel Merritt being a little more expensive), but I would love to get more input on the following (especially from people in the programs right now)

+/- about:
- Program (Clinical Experience,Class Size, Class Experience, etc)
- Cost of Living
- Locality
- Any other comments

Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
For St Augustine in San Marcos:
The area is safe and nice.
School has a small gym with all basic machines.
They do not guarantee that your clinicals will be in San Marcos area. They may send you out of state, to LA, or wherever they "can find a place" as they claim. With that being said, my clinical locations were 1-30mi from where I live.
The program is normal. Most instructors are normal and nice.

Hey All!

I'm torn between my two acceptances: St. Augustine San Marcos and Samuel Merritt. Both programs I would start 2019 Fall.

A couple things about me:
- I'm getting married very close to both start dates
- We will be living off one income
- We are from the Bay Area, but enthusiastic to relocate since we will not be living at home.

The cost of tuition is about 20k difference (Samuel Merritt being a little more expensive), but I would love to get more input on the following (especially from people in the programs right now)

+/- about:
- Program (Clinical Experience,Class Size, Class Experience, etc)
- Cost of Living
- Locality
- Any other comments

Thank you!!

may I ask your stats