USACS share scam.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone else get this email this morning? I'd never gotten one from USACS before; they must have scanned me at ACEP.

I work for UPMC. One of the hospitals we cover is the ED and hospitalists. The hospital was independent, but decided to affiliate with Allegheny Health. So, UPMC docs out, and they're going with USACS. This email was recruiting for docs, for about 20+ hospitals. The signing bonus, though, is the thing - $150,000. Not a typo. My boss, who works at that hospital now (I let my privileges lapse there 2 years ago), confirmed it.

Any young doc - WALK AWAY. Huge signing bonus = **** job. ****ty place to work, **** patients, bad management, the whole thing. Give USACS the finger, and I don't mean a thumbs up.

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone else get this email this morning? I'd never gotten one from USACS before; they must have scanned me at ACEP.

I work for UPMC. One of the hospitals we cover is the ED and hospitalists. The hospital was independent, but decided to affiliate with Allegheny Health. So, UPMC docs out, and they're going with USACS. This email was recruiting for docs, for about 20+ hospitals. The signing bonus, though, is the thing - $150,000. Not a typo. My boss, who works at that hospital now (I let my privileges lapse there 2 years ago), confirmed it.

Any young doc - WALK AWAY. Huge signing bonus = **** job. ****ty place to work, **** patients, bad management, the whole thing. Give USACS the finger, and I don't mean a thumbs up.

These always look like YUUGE bonuses, but you really have to do the math. Most of these midwest contracts pay around $150-$200/hour which is a lot less than you can make other placed. The reason they do these bonuses is to trap new grads, and typically it's for 2 years. Over 2 years you will work a minimum of 2880 hours, which comes out to $56/hour extra. Not really worth it, considering the low pay, and shadiness of the contracts they have.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
These always look like YUUGE bonuses, but you really have to do the math. Most of these midwest contracts pay around $150-$200/hour which is a lot less than you can make other placed. The reason they do these bonuses is to trap new grads, and typically it's for 2 years. Over 2 years you will work a minimum of 2880 hours, which comes out to $56/hour extra. Not really worth it, considering the low pay, and shadiness of the contracts they have.
I likened it to this: you go to Morton's, you wait 15 minutes for a great steak. That is that hospital now. When USACS comes in, now, it's like waiting 15 minutes for your burger from McDonald's.

The only losers that work for USACS are the dinguses that can't get a job anywhere else (<-- GROSS generalization).

I got that too.... I saw the 150K and took me less than a sec to throw it in my junk pile.

But I am sure new grads are salivating at the opportunity to be enslaved for 2 yrs.

150K for the opportunity to destroy a training program and displace an entire group of residents? Sounds awesome...NOT.

150K for the opportunity to destroy a training program and displace an entire group of residents? Sounds awesome...NOT.

I heard they were paying $500-1000/hr to fill the summa schedule for the first month or two. Makes $150k seem like extra weak sauce.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Yeah. I was sad momentarily that I didn't have a Blowhio license. But then I realized it would be terrible anyway. Although supervising residents at 500/hr is pretty cush.

Yeah. I was sad momentarily that I didn't have a Blowhio license. But then I realized it would be terrible anyway. Although supervising residents at 500/hr is pretty cush.

What does it profit a man if he gains the world but loses his soul?