USAP sues UHC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

linkin06

We are all witnesses.
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Prediction: actual anesthesiologists lose either way

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Both groups are cancer but United is malignant. Their reimbursements suck and their tactics are ****ty. Why is it that doctors cannot own hospitals but it's okay for insurance companies to own doctors? They are making billions and paying their execs millions but still try to bend us over any way they can.

Reactions: 11 users
From the article...

“United added that many of the private-equity-backed physician groups “expect to be paid double or even triple the median rate we pay other physicians providing the same services,” driving up the cost of care. The company says these groups have been using their increasing presence in a given regional market to demand higher rates. It says that its goal has been to keep the groups in network but that it is rethinking its approach.”

And...

“UnitedHealth directly competes with U.S. Anesthesia, according to the Texas lawsuit, through an ownership interest in Sound Physicians, a large medical practice that provides emergency and anesthesiology services. Sound Physicians is looking to expand in markets like Fort Worth and Houston, and U.S. Anesthesia claims in the lawsuit that its doctors were contacted by Sound Physicians “to induce them to leave” and challenge the noncompete provisions in their contracts to work with the United group.”

Members don't see this ad :)
Reactions: 1 user
When I was in medical school I signed up for the United policy through our school. I was still covered by my parents policy as there was some overlap. Went to see a physician in medical school, submitted invoice to United, whom I listed as my primary insurer. They denied it and said they weren’t my primary.

after a continuous back and forth with them, I was sent to collections for that one. My institution dropped them as our insurance carrier. They’re not good, and that’s from the customer side.