USC 2nd interview people

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MEMS

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI,

Have you guys heard from USC yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Nopes.. it hasn't been 3 weeks yet and they said 4-5, I'm guessing we'll be hearing around the 16th...

I just got accepted to USC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was put on the active consideration list back in December! (I interviewed Nov 18).

I am so happy!

Members don't see this ad :)

I was put on the active consideration list back in December! (I interviewed Nov 18).

I am so happy!

what are your stats and credentials?

I am so happy!

Oh wow congrats.. did you mail new information to them? I thought they wouldn't start pulling from active consideration until after the last interview dates.

Anyone else get good news? Especially from Jan 20 interviewees? Maybe decisions are coming soon..

Oh wow congrats.. did you mail new information to them? I thought they wouldn't start pulling from active consideration until after the last interview dates.

Anyone else get good news? Especially from Jan 20 interviewees? Maybe decisions are coming soon..

I'm thinking next week, at the earliest. They're probably preping for this weekend's interview and will get to our letters [hopefully] next week. Let the mailbox stalking commence? :D

does USC send acceptance and denial letters through the mail or e-mail?

does USC send acceptance and denial letters through the mail or e-mail?

Acceptance letters are sent by snail mail.

BTW, congrats Seles3! Looking forward to meeting you up-and-coming 1st years in the fall.

awww... i hope i do get one of those too... and soon...

:) I got my acceptance today! I interviewed Jan. 20. I guess they lie about the one month delay. SO EXCITED!!!

Jan.20 interview

I got accepted today as well. Letter of acceptance was dated Feb.5. I am damn stoked. Incoming Fall class 2007 baby.

gpa - 3.3
wore a colored dress shirt to the interview. MONEY

Congrats you guys! I'm so nervous, that means my mail should hopefully come in the next couple of days since I'm out-of-state :scared:. But I'm leaving for an interview tomorrow night! I'll probably have my parents do the mailbox stalking for me this weekend :D

Oh ya, for those accepted, how many did they accept out of our group? Congrats again!

I was curious if anyone that has already been accepted would be willing to share their stats (GPA/PCAT if they took it/ instate vs. out of state)?

Thanks! Congratulations as well :)

Members don't see this ad :)
InstantWonton,

The letter was dated Feb.5 or postmarked Feb 5? Where do you live? YOu get the letter so soon. Congrats! I'm so anxious for my mails. I'm expecting bad news since the acceptance letters go out first, then the "waitlist" stuff.

=(

Seles3, what are your stats?
I can't believe they started sending out acceptances to those interviewed in November!! I was also interviewed in November, but I haven't received anything. I hope to hear from them soon with GOOD news!!! I am so nervous...again!

i just got a letter from usc, they pulled off 2 people from the november active consideration, and nobody has been deniet yet. so if you get a thin letter from usc these next couple days, dont worry.. its not a rejection :p

congrats seles for being one of the 2!

Crestol,

How many did they accept for the Jan interview?

47 ppl got accepted from the jan interview. thats a lil more than from the nov interview! and i thot interviewing earlier they would accept more of us, was november that bad :p

Hi Creestol!

How did you get all this information? Do you think that if there's no mail from USC by the end of this week... it means bad news? ahh.. so scared!

in the mail, well if you're on active consideration you will get the mail. nobody has been rejected yet, so don't worry! just means more waiting and waiting~

in the mail, well if you're on active consideration you will get the mail. nobody has been rejected yet, so don't worry! just means more waiting and waiting~

just got my mail, thin envelope. Active Consideration. Ah more waiting.

On hold for Western
On Active Consideration for USC like everyone else that was not accepted.
Rejected by Midwestern CPG
Waiting for UOP and USN results.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: <----This is laughter of insanity.

I just got my mail....a BIG YELLOW envelope. Thank you GOD!!!!!!!!!

congrats to those that got in already!!

im hoping for the best... so nervous!!!

:confused:

47 ppl got accepted from the jan interview. thats a lil more than from the nov interview! and i thot interviewing earlier they would accept more of us, was november that bad :p

Oh snap! Wow, what luck I have. Thanks for the info creestoL.

Where do you guys live? Is it normal to not hear anything yet? I live in NorCal and I've checked my mail 3 times today.. I think I've given up... 1:30pm, 3:00pm, and just recently 4:30pm

:scared: Hopefully I get some news tommorow..

hey polarbear, i live in so cal and i think most ppl who heard back so soon live down here too. you should be hearing tomorrow or monday, good luck !

so is active consideration a bad thing? is it like a waitlist? is it unlikely for active consideration ppl to get in???

*sigh*

:(

so is active consideration a bad thing? is it like a waitlist? is it unlikely for active consideration ppl to get in???

*sigh*

:(

everyone who didn't get accepted got put on the active consideration so don't lose hope yet until April.

OMG I can't believe it but i got an acceptance letter!!! i've am so happy, seriously 3 years ago i really wouldn't have seen myself gettin in. My spaceship has taken off :D

Stats
3.2 GPA
PCAT : 78%
Biological Sciences.

No mail for me, but the financial aid letter took me 4-5 days to get to me so it'll be a bit more :p. I'm leaving tonight, but hopefully I'll come back on Sunday from my UCSD interview to a nice letter from them :D Congrats everyone!

I know that it's easier said than done, but try not to stress so much about the active consideration list. They will pull A LOT of people from the list after the March interview. Also, some people might reject USC when the decisions from UCSF come out in March. That means more spots available so stay positive!

So, by April, they will have all people in active consideration ranked? I mean they put more than 400 people in this list and they can only pull certain amount of people out, so majority of us will be denied. Will they pull people out based on their GPA or everything? I am so nervous....

I know that it's easier said than done, but try not to stress so much about the active consideration list. They will pull A LOT of people from the list after the March interview. Also, some people might reject USC when the decisions from UCSF come out in March. That means more spots available so stay positive!

how much is ALOT... like 400.. hehe...

do u think that in March we will find out?

darnit! too much waiting....

i was waitlisted at USC after my Nov 18 interview but I just got in a couple days ago so there's still hope!!!

I haven't received anything yet, but the admissions office told me that all acceptance letters for the January interview were mailed on Tuesday, February 6. I know that some people have also received their active consideration letters. So, what does this mean for people have haven't received any letters (besides financial aid), especially those people who don't have to wait for out-of-state mail (i.e., if you live in the greater L.A. area)? What's up, doc???

I just received a letter from USC informing me that I will be continuing on 'active consideration'. I think they will inform everyone after each interview review.

Eh... I wonder, doc: how prerequisites factor into USC's decision to place a candidate on active consideration? For example, if you've finished all but one important science class (e.g., Biochemistry or Microbiology), is there any chance that you will receive an acceptance letter, or will the unfinished prerequisite almost certainly land you on the active consideration list, even if the course is in progress?

Eh... I wonder, doc: how prerequisites factor into USC's decision to place a candidate on active consideration? For example, if you've finished all but one important science class (e.g., Biochemistry or Microbiology), is there any chance that you will receive an acceptance letter, or will the unfinished prerequisite almost certainly land you on the active consideration list, even if the course is in progress?

i dont think so. only 1 is nothing. if it's like no ochem yet and important classes like that where they can justify interviewing or accepting you b/c they don't know how you handle those classes.

Active Consideration for me!! AH! more waiting..

Congrats to those that were accepted outright!

3.48 overall, 3.25 science

83% PCAT

BS in BIOsci this coming spring, the only pre-req I have left is upper division writing.

I thought my interview went well, but I think my essay might have been sub-par :(

3.48 overall, 3.25 science

83% PCAT

BS in BIOsci this coming spring, the only pre-req I have left is upper division writing.

I thought my interview went well, but I think my essay might have been sub-par :(

i thought the essay was just sumarizing and following the rules. unless u BOMBED the writing, i don't think that's the case. or does writing a big factor in admissions?

i thought the essay was just sumarizing and following the rules. unless u BOMBED the writing, i don't think that's the case. or does writing a big factor in admissions?

Hmm I don't know.. I think my essay was fine rule-wise, and it did the job, but I think I could have done better, maybe I'm just being too critical of myself. From what Jim said they rank the essays and then pull from the top, maybe mine didn't make the cutoff??

I dunno... I thought my interview went well so I'm not really sure what else happened? I think my stats are ok, and my EC's are ok, I'm a very average applicant I think so maybe I failed to stand out in any way.. hmm who knows..

Hmm I don't know.. I think my essay was fine rule-wise, and it did the job, but I think I could have done better, maybe I'm just being too critical of myself. From what Jim said they rank the essays and then pull from the top, maybe mine didn't make the cutoff??

I dunno... I thought my interview went well so I'm not really sure what else happened? I think my stats are ok, and my EC's are ok, I'm a very average applicant I think so maybe I failed to stand out in any way.. hmm who knows..

how do they "rank" the essays im curious? that would be tough to do. b/c all u do is summarize an article and HAVE to follow the rules right? but don't worry i saw up there a guy w/ a 3.3 can get in off the waitlist so u have a chance. ur GPA is at least average to USC so dont give up.

how do they "rank" the essays im curious? that would be tough to do. b/c all u do is summarize an article and HAVE to follow the rules right? but don't worry i saw up there a guy w/ a 3.3 can get in off the waitlist so u have a chance. ur GPA is at least average to USC so dont give up.

I have no clue what their criteria is but they have two people grade the papers I think and they assign then a numerical value and the rest is up to the computers that just pull out the top names.

I have no clue what their criteria is but they have two people grade the papers I think and they assign then a numerical value and the rest is up to the computers that just pull out the top names.

that's weird. i dont think that doesn't get u accepted unless u bomb it BADLY. maybe that was just a competitive interview session. b/c alot of people thought the writing for USC is easy. my friend who's not a good writer thought it was easy. but maybe there were more seats that they can give out for that session. waitlist is good for USC so dont worry. u have a good chance.

If I remember correctly, after the interviews USC looks at everything, not just the essays. So don't worry about the essay too much. I think USC waitlists a lot of people because they still have one more interview date. But they do take quite a few people off the waiting list, so you still have a good chance.

I was pretty surprised that we got replies from USC so quickly (only 3 weeks). I got in :D and I'm very excited and relieved to at least know I'll be going somewhere next year!

And don't worry about being put on active consideration. USC is really under-accepting in my opinion and you will more than likely get pulled off. Last year, applicants got pulled off throughout the interview season and I'm sure a lot of spots will be opened up due to UCSF and UCSD in March. And I don't think the essay can really hurt your application unless you did horribly on it. Just wait, the February interviewees should be getting their acceptances in 4-5 weeks (or 3 weeks?) and more acceptances should go out to the Nov/Jan interviewees.

at usc, active consideration and waitlist are two different things. getting placed on the AC list early on means you still have a good chance to get in during the other acceptance period. At the end (around may), they compile another list and place everyone who wants to be on the waitlist and rank each person. Your chances on that waitlist is not good. I was placed on the waitlist last year and I barely moved since no one declined their acceptance.

But for now, keep your hopes up if u;r on the AC list!