USC 2nd interview people

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
at usc, active consideration and waitlist are two different things. getting placed on the AC list early on means you still have a good chance to get in during the other acceptance period. At the end (around may), they compile another list and place everyone who wants to be on the waitlist and rank each person. Your chances on that waitlist is not good. I was placed on the waitlist last year and I barely moved since no one declined their acceptance.

But for now, keep your hopes up if u;r on the AC list!

I was put on active consideration and when USC finished compiling their waitlist, I was #22. They accepted me in July after I sent in my bachelor's degree. I figure a good 20-30 people actually get accepted off the waitlist. What number were you mustangrolla?

Members don't see this ad.

at usc, active consideration and waitlist are two different things. getting placed on the AC list early on means you still have a good chance to get in during the other acceptance period. At the end (around may), they compile another list and place everyone who wants to be on the waitlist and rank each person. Your chances on that waitlist is not good. I was placed on the waitlist last year and I barely moved since no one declined their acceptance.

But for now, keep your hopes up if u;r on the AC list!
Are you sure? Though I might've been dozing off throughout my USC interview, I could've sworn that the one guy (African-American, sorry don't remember his name and can't recall exactly who on earth was he) who had quite a talk to our group before the students came to get us for the interview actually said AC is just another fancy word for Wait List. Hmm...:confused:
Edit: Nvm, I think I get what you're trying to say, but still, I don't get why that guy at the interview said AC and wait list are pretty much the same. I must be the only one who think USC didn't really do a great job on introducing their schools to the applicants at the interview.

Are you sure? Though I might've been dozing off throughout my USC interview, I could've sworn that the one guy (African-American, sorry don't remember his name and can't recall exactly who on earth was he) who had quite a talk to our group before the students came to get us for the interview actually said AC is just another fancy word for Wait List. Hmm...:confused:
Edit: Nvm, I think I get what you're trying to say, but still, I don't get why that guy at the interview said AC and wait list are pretty much the same. I must be the only one who think USC didn't really do a great job on introducing their schools to the applicants at the interview.

I think what it is is that you are technically "waitlisted" if you're on active consideration because you haven't been admitted and can be pulled off the list at a later time. But after all of the interviews have gone through and immediate acceptances are given out, they make an official "waitlist" which is like a true waitlist, ranking out every applicant (November through March interviews). Then they'll pull off of that list one by one through the summer. Everyone's on active consideration if not accepted, you can get accepted at anytime (such as the November people admitted with the January people), and may eventually make the final waitlist after all interviews or be too low ranked to make it onto that even. Although I'm not sure how many people are on USC's final waitlist and if they reject people outright who are ranked too low.