USC 3rd interview people

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jun99

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone from the 3rd interview session (Feb.) heard anything yet? I know it's still kinda early, just wondering....

Members don't see this ad.

i interviewed feb 10th...still no word

i haven't heard from them either, and i live in SoCal. i have a feeling some of us will be receiving a response (accept/active consideration) sometime this week. perhaps by tomorrow or thursday? that's what happened to USC's 2nd interview people: some got letters after 2.5 weeks of their interview date.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am thinking we will hear by Thursday...Here's why:

1. I heard that people from the second interview heard back 18 days after their interview (CA residents) so that would mean we would hear back on Thurs.

2. A good friend of mine went to USC today to drop off a copy of her transcripts (to update her file) and she said that they had a stack of outgoing letters...which I assume are what we're waiting because it would be too early to send out invitation requests for the late March interviews... :p

Fight on and best of luck to everyone!!

I believe in the last interview group, people heard as early as Thursday and as late as Saturday. Goodluck to all.

I am thinking we will hear by Thursday...Here's why:

1. I heard that people from the second interview heard back 18 days after their interview (CA residents) so that would mean we would hear back on Thurs.

2. A good friend of mine went to USC today to drop off a copy of her transcripts (to update her file) and she said that they had a stack of outgoing letters...which I assume are what we're waiting because it would be too early to send out invitation requests for the late March interviews... :p

Fight on and best of luck to everyone!!

This is exciting news! :D I hear that the acceptance letters come in big envelopes whereas the "active consideration" letters are in small, standard size envelopes. So did the stack of letters consists of large envelopes? ;) Do you know if they send out acceptance and hold letters at the same time?

This is exciting news! :D I hear that the acceptance letters come in big envelopes whereas the "active consideration" letters are in small, standard size envelopes. So did the stack of letters consists of large envelopes? ;) Do you know if they send out acceptance and hold letters at the same time?

Everyone's decisions came at the same time for the last group, regardless of whether you were put on hold or accepted. I think SoCal people heard THU and FRI and NorCal people heard FRI and SAT. Goodluck to us, I'm hoping to get a that super rare letter of acceptance after being placed on hold :rolleyes: ..

Not sure... but I think she said they were standard size envelopes... sooo I am thinking they're the "active consideration" aka waitlist letters... But, I am sure that whether we are accepted or waitlisted we should all hear back at around the same time! Has anyone in Southern CA heard back yet? I am sooo nervous! :oops:

Not sure... but I think she said they were standard size envelopes... sooo I am thinking they're the "active consideration" aka waitlist letters... But, I am sure that whether we are accepted or waitlisted we should all hear back at around the same time! Has anyone in Southern CA heard back yet? I am sooo nervous! :oops:

I dont know why it's so hard for me to wait. I mean, I have waited for more than 2 weeks now, 1 or 2 days should be a piece of cake but it feels soooo long!

anyways, thanks for the update and good luck to everyone!

I think those letters were probably March interview invites. This weekend makes two weeks prior and that's the minimum notification time. But your acceptances should follow soon (or at the same time) because us January interviewees got interview letters during the same week that November acceptances/ACs went out. Good luck everyone :luck:

I think those letters were probably March interview invites. This weekend makes two weeks prior and that's the minimum notification time. But your acceptances should follow soon (or at the same time) because us January interviewees got interview letters during the same week that November acceptances/ACs went out. Good luck everyone :luck:

yea i got my march 17 interview invite in the mail today.

AHHHHHH I just got invited for march 17th in the mail today too! Don't know how, don't know why, but I'm so excited! ....and scared! For those of you who are curious, the letter was dated Feb 27th.

Ohhh yes... so those were the interview invitations!! Ahhh... and to think I was so excited! The wait is agonizing... I except to hear back from UCSF, USC, and Western all within the next 2 weeks... So yeah it basically determines the next 4 yrs... :)

Catalina... were you at the Feb. 10th interview? If so, which group?

Members don't see this ad :)
Ohhh yes... so those were the interview invitations!! Ahhh... and to think I was so excited! The wait is agonizing... I except to hear back from UCSF, USC, and Western all within the next 2 weeks... So yeah it basically determines the next 4 yrs... :)

Catalina... were you at the Feb. 10th interview? If so, which group?

Aww bummer :( *sigh* I had my hopes up too. hopefully they will come soon! but congratulations to everyone that got invited to the march interview :)

Saran21, yeah i interviewed on 2/10th and was in the 8:30 am interview. Were you in my group?

yeah, my roommate just got an interview invitation. i'm still waiting for a reply from the feb 10th interview..... this is torture =) i saw a small USC letter and i thought it was for me, but it was for my roommate..... i thought my heart had stopped =)

yeah, my roommate just got an interview invitation. i'm still waiting for a reply from the feb 10th interview..... this is torture =) i saw a small USC letter and i thought it was for me, but it was for my roommate..... i thought my heart had stopped =)

Similar thing happened to me, except it was a BIG envelope and adressed to me, with the words "Please respond immediately" across the front. I was so excited I didn't see that there was no sender's adress -- it turned out to be some auto insurance papers:rolleyes: .

so has ANYONE from the feb 10. interview heard from USC today (thursday)?? i didn't get any mail today either, so does that mean USC has NOT sent out the mails yet?

i did not recieve anything today either

auto insurance... man, hahaha... got you hella excited... then... PSYCH!

Whenever I see a new post on this thread, my heart never fails to skip a beat thinking that acceptance, active consideration, or rejection letter was recieved by other sdn'ers. Sigh, this wait is just tooooo much!

anyone hear anything yet?? anything?? any active considerations get anything bak?

*sigh* this wait is crazy... as u all kno...

:oops:

Good luck everyone! :luck:

nothing today... hopefully by saturday....

nothing today either...ahh..this wait is oh so very stressful:eek:

From your interview group, they accepted 37 and 72 were placed on active consideraiton.

swanchick, do you know when they will be sending out the letters?

From your interview group, they accepted 37 and 72 were placed on active consideraiton.

Does anyone know how many were in this interview group to begin with?

So that's roughly a 1 in 4 chance....I guess that's not terrible. Does anyone know what the acceptance ratio was for the first and second groups? ... I'm kicking myself for turning in my application so late.:rolleyes:

So that's roughly a 1 in 4 chance....I guess that's not terrible. Does anyone know what the acceptance ratio was for the first and second groups? ... I'm kicking myself for turning in my application so late.:rolleyes:

yeah, I know. I turned in my application pretty late myself :p terrible of me...

From the 1st interview, I know they accepted something like 43 out of 150, the 2nd one i'm not sure but I know I read a post somewhere with the exact number but it was less than 43. oh and I came across this in one of the post in case you're interested:

Originally Posted by Swanchick84
For those interested-

From the Feb 10, 2007 interview "of the 150 applicants, 37 have been offered admission for classes beginning Fall 2007. 72 have been placed in an "active consideration" status. Three candidates from the Nov and Jan "active consideration" group were admitted. A total of 124 candidates from all three interview sessions have been denied."

yeah, I know. I turned in my application pretty late myself :p terrible of me...

From the 1st interview, I know they accepted something like 43 out of 150, the 2nd one i'm not sure but I know I read a post somewhere with the exact number but it was less than 43. oh and I came across this in one of the post in case you're interested:

So it seems are chances are very close to those from the first interviews? I guess the only real advantage to applying early was more of a chance to get pulled off the active consideration list.

BTW, does anyone else think USC's system of admissions is weird and somewhat inefficient? I don't really see how it makes sense to give waitlisted people admission before a large chunk of applicants have even had their intervew. Why not just wait and compare everyone when everyone's interview and essay scores are in?:confused:

I think they accepted 47 out of 150 from the 2nd interview. Actually, they accepted more than 43 from the 1st interview because several people who were on active consideration got accepted in the 2nd round and more will be accepted in the later rounds. So there is definitely an advantage to apply early. I also wish I had applied earlier. :)

So it seems are chances are very close to those from the first interviews? I guess the only real advantage to applying early was more of a chance to get pulled off the active consideration list.

BTW, does anyone else think USC's system of admissions is weird and somewhat inefficient? I don't really see how it makes sense to give waitlisted people admission before a large chunk of applicants have even had their intervew. Why not just wait and compare everyone when everyone's interview and essay scores are in?:confused:

well, they're on rolling admission so that's how it works...it might not be the best thing to do but I've learn to stop questioning them and go with the flow ;)

If they've already decided who they're accepting/rejecting, why is it taking so long to send people the letters?? I think if I have to wait another few days I might spontaneously combust.:laugh:

jun99 did you also interview feb 10th?

Check your mail...there might be a nice surprise waiting in a BIG yellow envelope!!! YAY...good luck to everyone waiting!

darn..nothing in the mail today..not looking so good :( on a positive note, maybe because i am not in california it's taking longer :rolleyes: what do you folks think?

Congratulations Lily83! Can you tell us what your stats are?

Don't worry islandgirl, it usually takes an extra day or two for mail to get to other states. I'm guessing Lily83 is in California. Correct me if I'm wrong.

my acceptance came in today also. i'm so relieved!

my acceptance came in today also. i'm so relieved!

congrat Pharmer9, go you!

island girl, dont worry it usually takes several days longer for outer states...yup i'm from southern cal so it didn't take long. the letter was dated march 5 and postmarked march 6. good luck!

is anyone that got accepted from active consideration?

Congrats by the way!

:)

is anyone that got accepted from active consideration?

Congrats by the way!

:)

I think someone from the other USC thread said they aren't taking any more people from active consideration until after the last interview.

I think someone from the other USC thread said they aren't taking any more people from active consideration until after the last interview.

really? thanks jun99

darnit! more waiting

really? thanks jun99

darnit! more waiting

I thought the letter said 3 people from the Nov and Jan interviews were accepted.

I wonder if any of those people are SDN posters .. guess we'll find out soon enough, I get my update letter sometime this week. Goodluck everyone :luck:

Actually, they did pull some people from the active consideration list. I think 3 people, according to Swanchick's post. Wait, never mind. PolarBear beat me. :)