USC alternate list acceptance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

davidddd

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi frnds, did anybody from alternate list get an acceptance? please post here. Thanks.:love:

Members don't see this ad.

I got accepted in USC from the Alternate list, on December 10th
":banana:" ":banana:"

what is ur part 1 score?? and uSC says all 4 parts above 75 is that really so?? doo they accept WES or AACRO?? how is there practical exam,what stuff they ask u to do. lastly what abt interview personal or clinical. sorry for so many questions.

thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys any one else got accepted at USC. plz reply.....
All The Best to those on waitlist...

hello all

did someone from usc alternate list hear anything????/plz post here..it wil help people who r waiting///

Isn't there any1 who got accepted at USC from alternate list after 10th dec. plz if any1 has any information plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz post a reply....

hi

i got accepted in the 2nd week of jan. hope this helps.
all the best for those who r waitin.
Isn't there any1 who got accepted at USC from alternate list after 10th dec. plz if any1 has any information plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz post a reply....

hi

i got accepted in the 2nd week of jan. hope this helps.
all the best for those who r waitin.

hi incision
congratz:thumbup: n thankz for the reply.

well does any1 has an idea as to how many people dropped USC coz i guess it should be more than 2. what I know about USC is that alternate list moves quite a lot. plz guys who so ever knows something do reply. it will be a great help for all those waiting.....

hi parvati

almost all who got accepted this yr at USC are joinin. it is not the same every year. hope this helps.

hi incision
congratz:thumbup: n thankz for the reply.

well does any1 has an idea as to how many people dropped USC coz i guess it should be more than 2. what I know about USC is that alternate list moves quite a lot. plz guys who so ever knows something do reply. it will be a great help for all those waiting.....

Im kind of freaking out because i checked my status on the website and it says "alternate" I just had my interview on jan. 29th. I just wanted to know if anyone who had that status got accepted. They said they would notify us by end of February but I just want to go to USC so bad im freaking out.. haha Someone help me!!

Im kind of freaking out because i checked my status on the website and it says "alternate" I just had my interview on jan. 29th. I just wanted to know if anyone who had that status got accepted. They said they would notify us by end of February but I just want to go to USC so bad im freaking out.. haha Someone help me!!

hey danny
as per sdn till date 2 people got accepted from alternate list n i personally know atleast 8-9 people in the alternate list, so keep ur fingers crossed :xf:
By the way how many people were there for interview on 29th jan n did some1 from college tell u that they wud notify u by feb end?????
wen i received email from ashlee it said we wud be notified anywhere between 1st dec - april....
ALL THE BEST

hi Danny Le

Have you applied to the advanced standing DDS program or the regular DDS program. as you said u had an intrview on jan 29th. ASPID finished its interviews bck in OCT.

Hey Danny, this is Chris. I interviewed the same day as you and my status says alternate too. But, since they said the admissions committee wasn't going to meet again until the end of February, I wouldn't make too much of it. I think several of the admissions people have actually been out of town. They probably have put all the recent interviewees in that status pending review from the committee. Do you agree?

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys is it true that USC has got warning from ADA to improve its standards within 2 years or else it will loose its accreditation :scared:

hey guys is it true that USC has got warning from ADA to improve its standards within 2 years or else it will loose its accreditation :scared:

I seriously doubt that is true. From what I saw while at USC interviewing the school is top notch. They have excellent passage rates of the national board exams with some of the highest scores in the country and is known nationally for producing some of the best clinicians in the country. I doubt USC, with it's long history of excellent education and thousands of successful alumni, of all the schools in the country would be one in danger of losing its accreditation.

I seriously doubt that is true. From what I saw while at USC interviewing the school is top notch. They have excellent passage rates of the national board exams with some of the highest scores in the country and is known nationally for producing some of the best clinicians in the country. I doubt USC, with it's long history of excellent education and thousands of successful alumni, of all the schools in the country would be one in danger of losing its accreditation.

Hi Skievans
You might be right on that but on ADA's website the accreditation status for usc is "accreditation with reporting requirements" and that means if usc doesn't improve on whatever ADA has asked them to then usc is definitely in trouble.
I agree usc was one of the best schools at one time but I am kind a WORRIED after reading its accriditation status.
By the way did u apply for advanced standing DDS or the regular DDS?

Usc is not the only one with that status ( Tufts, Nova SE and oklohama are too).. Each school has the evaludation done in certain time frame..at some point other schools have gone through the same thing and have improved and are still running.. so dont be WORRIED :p ..its nothing unique.. USC is there to stay accredited.. :thumbup: did you get into ASPID at USC parvati??

Last edited:
Hi Skievans
You might be right on that but on ADA's website the accreditation status for usc is "accreditation with reporting requirements" and that means if usc doesn't improve on whatever ADA has asked them to then usc is definitely in trouble.
I agree usc was one of the best schools at one time but I am kind a WORRIED after reading its accriditation status.
By the way did u apply for advanced standing DDS or the regular DDS?

Some schools do have that by their accreditation, but If remember correctly, as long as a particular dental school's accreditation is active (with or without reporting requirement) AT THE TIME OF Admission those students are OK to be licensed, if I am not mistaken - correct me if I am wrong

Dentalbug

Usc is not the only one with that status ( Tufts, Nova SE and oklohama are too).. Each school has the evaludation done in certain time frame..at some point other schools have gone through the same thing and have improved and are still running.. so dont be WORRIED :p ..its nothing unique.. USC is there to stay accredited.. :thumbup: did you get into ASPID at USC parvati??

Thankz for ur reply TuffyDDS, am still waiting for USC but am +ve:)
hey do u know when is USC starting the I20 process for those accepted?

hi guys any news bout alternate list of USC......

Hey guys, I also had an interview at USC Dental School January 29th and unlike some of you guys I didn't get the acceptance email on Feb 26th (Congratulations to all of you that did I am sure that it must be a great feeling). I was just wondering if anybody knows if they are going to be sending more emails out in the first few weeks of march or if the march batch is over with? Also since I didn't get an acceptance email, does anybody have any idea if there is still a good shot off of the alternate list? USC is my number one choice and I would be so thankful to be apart of the class of 2013

anybody from the USC waitlist who got accepted recently???
considering that the program begins in april, guess now my chances are very remote. :(

anybody from the USC waitlist who got accepted recently???
considering that the program begins in april, guess now my chances are very remote. :(
did antbody heared anything from usc alternate list recently. please update at the earliest please.