usc and uop?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wasabi007

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
has anyone heard back from usc or uop yet? i sent in my aadsas in july and haven't received secondaries or interview invites or rejections yet. just wondering if anyone else has received secondaries or interview invites from those schools yet?

-wasabi :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

hi, wasabi,

I applied to UoP as well. I've actually received 2 letters from them -- one saying that they got my $75 dollars, and another quite recently stating that they have received my AADSAS application. I don't think they have a secondary. You should go to their website and check the status of your application -- you may be on hold (like me) because your recommendation letters have not been received yet from AADSAS (I dunno why)...

here's the website:
http://www.dental.uop.edu/webtools/index.html

if your application is not complete, then the website will say that you have entered an incorrect AADSAS # or incorrect last name. If this is the case, you should try to call or email them to see what the hold up is. I believe the person to speak to is Kristin Short, 415 929-6491.

ricegirl

Wait -- the online status check does work! When you type in your last name, you have to capitalize the first letter. Also, make sure your AADSAS # is 20020xxxx, and it should work. It will tell you if you are missing items and if your evaluation letters have been received yet. :)

ricegirl

Members don't see this ad :)
wasabi007:

uop website should work fine right now. i checked one time, and it is ok.

for my interview in uop, i got a phone call from there, two days later, the letter came. your letter might on the way :)

thanks ricegirl and snowman...i checked the site you recommended and i guess my application is just being reviewed right now. so you say uop doesn't have a secondary application? do you know if usc does?

thanks!!

-wasabi007 :D

hey....I also got a Pacific interview invite about three weeks ago via phone call. I'll be there Nov. 1st...haven't used the online status check, sorry. I didn't apply to USC so can't help you there either. I'd give them a call....

On a similar note, has anyone heard from UCLA yet?? I got an interview invite from UCSF but am still in the dark from the bruins.... :) :cool:

man...i haven't received any phone calls from uop or usc... =P do you mind if i ask what are the stats of those who have received an uop invite?

i haven't had time to complete any of my secondaries yet~ :( am i completely behind?????

waiting: how long after you sent your ucsf secondary did you hear back from them?

-wasabi007

many of you mention calling the schools to check up on why you haven't heard back from them. however, i've heard that schools discourage people calling to ask for interviews...i don't intend to ask for an interview...do you guys just ask them what your application status is and how long before they will get back to you? is that ok?

-wasabi007 :confused:

wasabi,

The places I've been calling up to check on my status have been situations where I knew I was going to be in the area for another interview and wanted to coordinate them....Plus, I really don't think they mind as long as you're courteous and not demanding and respect whatever they tell you without becoming a pest about it.

I heard from UCSF about 2 wks. after I sent the secondary (which, as u know, was hell!). I've called UCLA a couple times and they keep saying my app. is complete and ready for review.... :rolleyes:

hi guys,

thanks for sharing your experiences...i did get a call from uop a few days ago~! but you really reassured me...

i haven't completed my ucsf or ucla secondaries yet... ugh...they're going to be a whole lot of work... :p