USC application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toothgerm

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can any 1 tell me if USC won't mind accepting direct NBDE scores from ADA & TOEFL scores from ETS rather then sending them personally in 1 envelope?ALSO IN STEP 2 OF APPLYING WHAT DO THEY EXACTLY WANT NOTATIZED PHOTOCOPIES OF TOEFL SCORES OR DIRECT SCORES FROM ETS OR ORIGINAL SCORE REPORT FROM US?????????????????

Members don't see this ad.

Can any 1 tell me if USC won't mind accepting direct NBDE scores from ADA & TOEFL scores from ETS rather then sending them personally in 1 envelope?ALSO IN STEP 2 OF APPLYING WHAT DO THEY EXACTLY WANT NOTATIZED PHOTOCOPIES OF TOEFL SCORES OR DIRECT SCORES FROM ETS OR ORIGINAL SCORE REPORT FROM US??????????????????"STEP TWO: Please send to the Ostrow School of Dentistry in one envelope: - If you are not a U.S. Citizen or Perm. Res., please send an electronic copy of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). The Internet Based (IBT) is preferred; applicants should receive a minimum score of 100 (Min of 20 in each section). USC will still accept the computer based exam (min. 250), as well as the paper based exam (min 600). Exam scores taken before April 2010 are not valid. - USC Graduate School’s TOEFL code is: 4852 Dept code: 00- Notarized paper copy of valid TOEFL exam "

USC strictly need NBDE in a sealed envelope fromt he candidate in the same envelope as is your application fee.. while they accept Toefl directly from ETS....No direct NBDE, order to your address and then send with suppplemntal docs..

Thank you i am so glad you are online :)))
USC strictly need NBDE in a sealed envelope fromt he candidate in the same envelope as is your application fee.. while they accept Toefl directly from ETS....No direct NBDE, order to your address and then send with suppplemntal docs..

Members don't see this ad :)
N can you please tell me how much time does caapid take to process an application to a university after getting the ECE report from us.N does it start processing even with out the ece report.I had mailed them and they said that if you pay for a particular University and e-submit your application they will process it.

N can you please tell me how much time does caapid take to process an application to a university after getting the ECE report from us.N does it start processing even with out the ece report.I had mailed them and they said that if you pay for a particular University and e-submit your application they will process it.
from the time of sending documents to mailing your application to the schools, caapid takes at least 10 days... like if i choose a school today, it will take 5 days at least....and a week more after receiving the ECE, so you can assume 2 weeks.. they dnt process without ECE...

Does USC need 75 and above in each section of part 1? I dont know if many people have over 75 in Physio/ Biaochem section. Any one know about this rule?

How to order one at own address??? i want it to be done eletronically done..coz that pdf thing is gonna take alot of time and so it would deifnitely cross the deadline..

Just read that now... ****!! even i cant send my application if thats the criteria..coz i have around 69 in anatomy ... any chance of waiver??? btw i wasted 75 $ then coz i sent my application via caapid to usc...
Does USC need 75 and above in each section of part 1? I dont know if many people have over 75 in Physio/ Biaochem section. Any one know about this rule?

Just read that now... ****!! even i cant send my application if thats the criteria..coz i have around 69 in anatomy ... any chance of waiver??? btw i wasted 75 $ then coz i sent my application via caapid to usc...

if they haven;t dispatched yet. which they usually do on thursday night or Friday morning (US time)...try calling them and see if you can cancel it. I don't know if it will work or not...but no harm trying. They may be able to switch some other univ for you...give it a shot.

What about transcripts and dental degree certificate of USC application? Should they be notarised or official?
Thanks in advance

R u sure of this,have you tried contacting them and asking directly.i also have one score below 75...n i have applied ...cod it be that the minimum score of 75 in each category mean that a minimum score of 75 in part 1 and 2...just hoping?????

Well i sent them a mail ..i ll tell you their exact wordings...they said " we suggest you should apply , but it would be up to the discretion of the committee to review your application and whether or not they accept the scores. " ... so i think this a polite way of suggesting that we are screwed..lol..am just saying .. i dont think the committee would go through all the pain for us , when they already have candidates who meet the criteria and have other good credentials... i dont think i have such extra ordinary credentials that they would make an exception for me... so i am not gonna proceed with it... 75 $ gone..am not gonna spend more on supplemental fees... but the university does reply quickly ..so you mail them ..they mailed me back withing an hour...
R u sure of this,have you tried contacting them and asking directly.i also have one score below 75...n i have applied ...cod it be that the minimum score of 75 in each category mean that a minimum score of 75 in part 1 and 2...just hoping?????

Can somebody tell me that USC need official transcripts and degree diploma or a notarised copy is enough?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Well...thank you bhavi4all for your reply,I will mail them.

Well i sent them a mail ..i ll tell you their exact wordings...they said " we suggest you should apply , but it would be up to the discretion of the committee to review your application and whether or not they accept the scores. " ... so i think this a polite way of suggesting that we are screwed..lol..am just saying .. i dont think the committee would go through all the pain for us , when they already have candidates who meet the criteria and have other good credentials... i dont think i have such extra ordinary credentials that they would make an exception for me... so i am not gonna proceed with it... 75 $ gone..am not gonna spend more on supplemental fees... but the university does reply quickly ..so you mail them ..they mailed me back withing an hour...

how did you guys send 2 * 2 photo? in the caapid directory document of USC, they say it to EMAIL the JPEG file of photo.... i emailed them , how have you guys done ....
any notification of app complete anyone?

I am very confused abt this application as they have different info in 3 diff places...the CAAPID directory has one, the school website has one and FAQ section on the web site has some more confusing info.
1) Do they need only WES evaluation?
2) Do they need it sent to CAAPID or with supplemental?
3) LOR sent to CAAPID plus them with supplemental?
4) Photo - JPEG or photo paper?
5) How to send electronic toefl score to dept?
6) In FAQ they state application is available online only is that CAAPID application they are referring?
7) Part 1 score in supplemental not direct from ADA?
The school website main page on application procedure is straightforward but other places they have conflicting requirements.

no ece works

caapid only

only caapid LOR

personally i did both

use toefl code 4852 with dentistry dept 38

6) In FAQ they state application is available online only is that CAAPID application they are referring?
yes

yes oreder to your place and then send it with rest of the things

here are is the nutshell for USC to be sent after submitting caapid
Notarized paper copy of proof of license and Dental degree in original language ,

original transcripts college,,

Official National Dental Board Examination Part I (Must be in a sealed envelope from the ADA).
2 X 2 photo ,
$145 processing fee payable to "USC" . CAAPID Number on the check.
Ostrow School of Dentistry of USC
Attn: ASPID Program
925 W. 34th St. Room 201
Los Angeles, CA 90089-0641

Please can anyone tell me that does USC send the email about caapid application? I have submitted my caapid long time ago, but didn't receive any email. so should i send other documents without receiving the email?

Please can anyone tell me that does USC send the email about caapid application? I have submitted my caapid long time ago, but didn't receive any email. so should i send other documents without receiving the email?
no it doesnt send any mail, i havent got it since 3 weeks... sent my supplemental docs yesterday

Thank you toothfairyqueen for clearing up my doubts !

Notarized transcripts are also accepted ,i had asked them.IS EVERYONE STILL SENDING ORIGINALS???AS SUCH I AM SHORT OF TRANSCRIPTS.

no ece works

caapid only

only caapid LOR

personally i did both

use toefl code 4852 with dentistry dept 38

yes

yes oreder to your place and then send it with rest of the things

here are is the nutshell for USC to be sent after submitting caapid
Notarized paper copy of proof of license and Dental degree in original language ,

original transcripts college,,

Official National Dental Board Examination Part I (Must be in a sealed envelope from the ADA).
2 X 2 photo ,
$145 processing fee payable to "USC" . CAAPID Number on the check.
Ostrow School of Dentistry of USC
Attn: ASPID Program
925 W. 34th St. Room 201
Los Angeles, CA 90089-0641

do we need to send original ECE report or we can send notorised copies of ECE report as i donot have sealed original report . please advise. thanks

USC says send all documents in one envelop. so can we send them TOEFL score in sealed cover in that envelop with all other documents????

I have emailed them three times, All they told me is we can send them notarised copies of college transcripts. Anyways, someone who has got application complete email, please clarify.

The day after they received my documents they e-mailed me saying that they still have to receive the TOEFL score. They wanted a paper copy and were ready to accept a notarized one. once the received it, they e-mailed me that it was complete.SO I'm sure they'll accept it in a sealed envelope along with other documents.
I think they replied in 2 days' time.
About ECE, I had sent an original one in a sealed envelope.You can e-mail them and confirm.

I just spoke to the admissions dept at USC, they said that they need 75 cumulative score... not in each subject.

the adm. committe is busy reviewing applications...there over 500 applications this time...still waiting for most awaited application complete email...!!!did anyone recieved it so far??

and re-applicants who can help us with how the interviews are and what preps did they do in their last years?

Thanks

I have handpeice and spome instruments from last year intreview at USC..if anyone needs stuff at a cheaper price please let me know..thanks

any updates anyone, USC told early september for any status updates???

Has anyone heard any news about the interview from USC? I am still waiting, no news!
I know UOP and UCSF will notify applicants on September 16. But I do not know the date on which USC and UCLA will notify applicants....

I am also waiting to hear from USC, may be next week they will call us. Mary pham told me on phone only one time on sept 16th, they will send IV'S.

Has anyone heard any news about the interview from USC? I am still waiting, no news!
I know UOP and UCSF will notify applicants on September 16. But I do not know the date on which USC and UCLA will notify applicants....

@toothfairyqueen...wow...congratulations...can u pls share ur stats n wen u applied to USC?...thanx...n all d very best