USC application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
USC invites about 100 people for interview, and its still 3 in here. can we have more members telling us plz those who got invited....

Members don't see this ad :)
i got invite too on 8 and 9th:xf:

I have got the invitation too, 8-9 October.

USC invites about 100 people for interview, and its still 3 in here. can we have more members telling us plz those who got invited....

for all dose (including me) who i think missed d invitation for the time bein, dis is d exact mail that i got in reply from usc:

ASPID interview invitations have been sent out. Alternate list students will be notified by email if they are invited to the interview. We do NOT give out the names on the alternate list, so please don’t ask. We also have no way of knowing if or how many students will be selected for an interview from the alternate list. We appreciate your patience during this busy time.

congratzz to all dose who gt d invitation n
Gud luck to all dose who may gt thm in future !!!!!!!!!!

"Dear ______:

The Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry of USC is honored to invite you to the Entrance Examinations for the Advanced Standing Program for International Dentists (ASPID). The interview/examination is scheduled for Saturday October 8th AND Sunday October 9th, 2011."

=D

Good luck to you all :luck:, I'll decline it for obvious reasons...

But it really feels good to get IV letters/emails this year since last year all that I got was rejection letters, I'm glad things took a turn for the best! :laugh:

"Dear ______:

The Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry of USC is honored to invite you to the Entrance Examinations for the Advanced Standing Program for International Dentists (ASPID). The interview/examination is scheduled for Saturday October 8th AND Sunday October 9th, 2011."

=D

But it really feels good to get IV letters/emails this year since last year all that I got was rejection letters, I'm glad things took a turn for the best! :laugh:

hey congratulations to u too,

Seems we got them at the same time,all the best:thumbup:

for all dose (including me) who i think missed d invitation for the time bein, dis is d exact mail that i got in reply from usc:

ASPID interview invitations have been sent out. Alternate list students will be notified by email if they are invited to the interview. We do NOT give out the names on the alternate list, so please don’t ask. We also have no way of knowing if or how many students will be selected for an interview from the alternate list. We appreciate your patience during this busy time.

hey did u get any alternate list email?

Me too got an interview call for Oct 8 & 9.

As they say, when it rains it pours, all the best folks.
;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anybody know whish typhodont they r going to use?

Does anybody know whish typhodont they r going to use?

"To participate, you must follow the schedule below:

1) ...

2) Once you reserve your place for the interview, directions, exam cost and rules, and equipment information will be emailed to you.

3)..."

Just confirm your IV and you'll get this info! :p

Guys,do you have any idea what could be on the interview at USC?

Guys,do you have any idea what could be on the interview at USC?

I think they are going to tell us what they are going to test on once we confirm..like crown prep, class II.. things like that...I will ask a friend who go accepted last yeark, and let you guys know.

I think COLUMBIA Typodont: for USC and UCLA.
Please share the information about the PREP s. Because "A complete interview and exam schedule will be given to you on Saturday October 8th, when you check in, and will not be given in advance" I think they do not inform us about the prep s. Class II, PFM, 3/4 or ..... ?!!!!!

even this stupid school did not invite me

hi got details about IV and its cost...to costly ( $2000 deposit for instrument rental???? do v hv other option??? guide plz i cant afford that (((((

hi got details about IV and its cost...to costly ( $2000 deposit for instrument rental???? do v hv other option??? guide plz i cant afford that (((((

I even got it, and the price for it is insane! I can suggest you is to use your own instruments like handpiece, burs, and hand instruments. The letter didnt mention what excercises will be done on test day.. :(

I also got the Interview Invitation for USC. Any Indian female wants to share accomodation, plz pm me.

I even got it, and the price for it is insane! I can suggest you is to use your own instruments like handpiece, burs, and hand instruments. The letter didnt mention what excercises will be done on test day.. :(

I got the interview invitation e-mail too. Where did u read about the cost??

Congrats guys!!
Good luck to all waiting:))

God bless:)

Can somebody tell me what details they send for IV, any rpd or waxing this year?

Hi Hope 4

Could you please post your stats?

Thanks

In 2009 they asked for both rpd design and tooth wax. I don't know about this year.

one of my friends got interview too ,, i didn't though

Hey guys, me too got IV call from USC:))

hey ...who so ever got an inerview please share ur stats...comeone guys ..give us some clue of whos being invited n whats the criteria

Hey did anyone else get this mail?? Because I neither recieve an interview nor alternate list e-mail.

Congratulations to all who got the magic mail. And good luck to the ones in waiting line (like me) :xf:

"Dear ______:

=D

hope 4 you were in for a treat this year ;)

i got my interview letter yesterday from Usc good luck for all

Hope4 congrats man.....u'v been invited evrywhere...u really seem to hv a nice profile...bst of luck..

What other colleges have sent their invitations?? Am I missin something? I have applied to UCLA, UOP, UCSF, USC, NYU & BU.. :(

i got interview inv by email, they want me to confirm before Wednesday, but it seems it will too expensive to go for that as i heard, do you have any idea what the instructions are and the cost for the bench test and the instruments?
please let me know if you have any idea.
if any one can post the bench test email please do so.
thanks.

hey guys !

congrats to all those who got invites. Can anyone tell me whether USC will send any mail for not selecting an application ?

Congratulations who all got invites.....please post ur stats to help us have some idea.

Hey folks, I have received the detailed e mail of exam fees and equipment requirements, it is horrible, 300$ rental fess plus over $1500 of material purchase, that sounds crazy, the rental will not solve the puzzle you still have to buy some equipments, I wonder how many can afford that, any ideas!!! :eek::eek::eek:
guys try to buy the same from elsewhere, its not mandatory to buy from usc.

Hey guys, try pearson for dental supplies, maybe it will be cheaper from them...

Hope4 congrats man.....u'v been invited evrywhere...u really seem to hv a nice profile...bst of luck..

Thanks, it was almost a year of hard work, really hard work focusing on a whole bunch of things that I could improve from the previous year, but it was totally worthy!

Last year were 3 rejections w/out even a single IV (UIC, Michigan and UCLA).

This year were 5 applications (UIC, UPEN, USC, UOP and UCSF), I was invited to all 5 for IV's, but as UIC was my first choice and their acceptance letter came before the other IV's, so I'm not even going to go to any of the others.

Good luck to everyone waiting and for those invited for IV's! :luck:

Thanks, it was almost a year of hard work, really hard work focusing on a whole bunch of things that I could improve from the previous year, but it was totally worthy!

Last year were 3 rejections w/out even a single IV (UIC, Michigan and UCLA).

This year were 5 applications (UIC, UPEN, USC, UOP and UCSF), I was invited to all 5 for IV's, but as UIC was my first choice and their acceptance letter came before the other IV's, so I'm not even going to go to any of the others.

Good luck to everyone waiting and for those invited for IV's! :luck:
how did you improve , what did you do? can you share with us?

Those instruments are so expensive.If we rent them.hw mch we will need to spend on instruments not included in the 'to be rented'list.

Hey friends please help for instruments. Do we have to have same burs? I mean if I use 330 instead of 245 or whatever, is that okay or we have to have same burs they mentioned? and if I want to buy some instruments from USC instead of buying whole set, can I buy them? I dont know what to do? please help.