USC Dental Prof involved in college cheating/bribery scandal...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toothstones123

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
In light of current events unfolding on the college entrance exam/bribery scheme to get their kids into college... I came across the full list of parents who were convicted of this crime, and to my shock I saw that a tenured USC perio professor was convicted! You can read the details online.. but needless to say his page is already removed from usc website.

I just think it's slightly ironic at the fact that he was a professor and director of the perio program, yet also took part in bribery/fraud for his daughter to get into USC undergrad. Haven't seen a response from the dental school in particular but I wonder how this will get handled...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Is USC even a top school? It has a 17.7% acceptance rate according to google and I'm sure this guy's kid could have transferred.

Harvard, Stanford, and Yale I understand paying for your kid to get into but USC? I laughed when I saw the University of Texas.

Reactions: 4 users
In light of current events unfolding on the college entrance exam/bribery scheme to get their kids into college... I came across the full list of parents who were convicted of this crime, and to my shock I saw that a tenured USC perio professor was convicted! You can read the details online.. but needless to say his page is already removed from usc website.

I just think it's slightly ironic at the fact that he was a professor and director of the perio program, yet also took part in bribery/fraud for his daughter to get into USC undergrad. Haven't seen a response from the dental school in particular but I wonder how this will get handled...

Dr. Homa Zadeh? He's big time, is it him? Vista Technique!

Members don't see this ad :)
Is USC even a top school? It has a 17.7% acceptance rate according to google and I'm sure this guy's kid could have transferred.

Harvard, Stanford, and Yale I understand paying for your kid to get into but USC? I laughed when I saw the University of Texas.

USC and UT are both solid schools (UG), and are reasonably competitive to get into. But having to pay your way in...

just to be clear, there's a difference between being paid up/bribing people and donating 50m for a new library. One of them involves fraud, the other does not.

I asked my friend and he said people from Cali prefers USC than UCLA. Is that true?

I feel like USC is underrated only on SDN.

But having to pay your way in...

just to be clear, there's a difference between being paid up/bribing people and donating 50m for a new library. One of them involves fraud, the other does not.

The only difference is who gets the money …… both may result in an underqualified admission. Merit only based admission is a fallacy both in undergraduate and graduate schools throughout the country. Admission standards are eased for faculty ,large donor relatives,athletes and diversity applicants every day. Fortunately buying your way into school by deception is far more the exception than the rule.

Many people in my HS graduating class applied to University of Texas and got rejected (myself included). It’s actually pretty competitive imo.

I asked my friend and he said people from Cali prefers USC than UCLA. Is that true?

I feel like USC is underrated only on SDN.

USC is way way overrated everywhere

Do you guys think this happens in dental education where parents scheme to get their kid into a particular dental school?

Here is more info on the USC dental faculty and admissions bribery if you would like to read more.

Do you guys think this happens in dental education where parents scheme to get their kid into a particular dental school?

Here is more info on the USC dental faculty and admissions bribery if you would like to read more.

What do you think the chances of a established faculty’s kids chances to get into their dental school is? I wager it’s about 100%.

But anyways that dude paid to get his girl into USC undergrad so has nothing to do with the dental school.

What do you think the chances of a established faculty’s kids chances to get into their dental school is? I wager it’s about 100%.

But anyways that dude paid to get his girl into USC undergrad so has nothing to do with the dental school.

They should really recuse themselves if they are on the admissions committee. On the other hand I heard a story about a faculty member resigning because their kid wasn't accepted to the school they were teaching in..