USC DPT class of 2021 regular decision

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone hear back from waitlist

Deposits are due Friday - hopefully you guys start hearing back next week! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I like the hybrid program, but the problem is you’ll need to go through the application process again. I wouldn’t go through the application process unless I didn’t get in anywhere.

Congrats to you all, USC has always been a dream of mine but not sure I am qualified enough, out of curiosity what were your GPAs? Im assuming USC requires high ones
Not necessarily! I was accepted regular decision back in December with a 3.52 cumulative AND science. Yeah, it's not a 3.0, but it's also not a 3.7-4 that I've seen from other applicants. One of my friends actually got into Columbia with a 3.02... If your GPA isn't as strong as others, focus on all the other aspects of the application!

Members don't see this ad :)
I like the hybrid program, but the problem is you’ll need to go through the application process again. I wouldn’t go through the application process unless I didn’t get in anywhere.

Talk to the USC DPT hybrid program admissions manager, Ann Rhee. They waived the application fee due to applying to the residential and are able to get transcripts/letters of recommendation from your residential program application as well. For the application process, the only thing I had to do was fill it out again really quick and write an additional essay on why I am a good fit for USC's hybrid program (in addition to the PTCAS prompt and the USC supplemental essay, both of which we all should have completed already). I was accepted to the hybrid program and waitlisted for the residential program at the same time today lol.

When did you apply to the Hybrid program? Was it before the early application deadline?
Talk to the USC DPT hybrid program admissions manager, Ann Rhee. They waived the application fee due to applying to the residential and are able to get transcripts/letters of recommendation from your residential program application as well. For the application process, the only thing I had to do was fill it out again really quick and write an additional essay on why I am a good fit for USC's hybrid program (in addition to the PTCAS prompt and the USC supplemental essay, both of which we all should have completed already). I was accepted to the hybrid program and waitlisted for the residential program at the same time today lol.

I just got a call today letting me know I was accepted of the waitlist!! Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back!!

Applied: 11/5
Waitlisted: 2/2
Accepted: 3/6 :cat:

I applied to the hybrid program way early, i submitted it before 12/15/2017
Cool! Thanks for the quick response. It has only been a few weeks since my app has been completed, but since I turned it in before the early deadline I am hoping to hear back soon. Waiting for admission decision is more stressful then the application process!

I just got a call today letting me know I was accepted of the waitlist!! Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back!!

Congrats! A phone call? That is so cool! I thought programs were just going to shoot an email for us to check portal for a decision. The fact that they take the time to call is awesome! Was the acceptance for the residential program or Hybrid?

Last edited:
Congrats! A phone call? That is so cool! I thought programs were just going to shoot an email for us to check portal for a decision. The fact that they take the time to call is awesome! Was the acceptance for the residential program or Hybrid?

Yesss! I missed his call twice, so if anyone is working during the day I’d recommend keeping your phone with you at all times! It was for the residential program, although I did apply to the Hybrid program the day before because I was so nervous I wouldn’t get in :p

Congrats to you all, USC has always been a dream of mine but not sure I am qualified enough, out of curiosity what were your GPAs? Im assuming USC requires high ones

USC is my dream school too which was why I was really surprised that I got in. My GPA isn't that high and neither were my GRE scores, but I think other aspects of my application weighed that out. People have told me that if you meet the minimum for USC, then they'll look at your overall application.

My cGPA was around a 3.3 and I want to say my prereq was around 3.2

Don't think that just because your GPA isn't high enough to get in! I definitely thought that, but then I got the acceptance letter in December. I still can't believe I made it lol

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Congrats! See you in the fall or at the next event at SC!

It’s really hard to justify the tution of 170k, I don’t know why they want to screw their students . I hope usc reads this and makes a change.

It’s really hard to justify the tution of 170k, I don’t know why they want to screw their students . I hope usc reads this and makes a change.
170k is definitely steep! Unfortunately that figure is more likely to go up than down. Regardless of how high the tuition is, they have no problem getting applicants to the program.

USC is my dream school too which was why I was really surprised that I got in. My GPA isn't that high and neither were my GRE scores, but I think other aspects of my application weighed that out. People have told me that if you meet the minimum for USC, then they'll look at your overall application.

My cGPA was around a 3.3 and I want to say my prereq was around 3.2

Don't think that just because your GPA isn't high enough to get in! I definitely thought that, but then I got the acceptance letter in December. I still can't believe I made it lol

Congratulations, I guess I'll remain hopeful. I have the exact cGPA as you and a pre-req over 3.5 BUT I'm really concerned about my GRE score (295 combined) and I remember reading on USC's site that their accepted students had an average of 312-315 combined.

Deposits are due Friday - hopefully you guys start hearing back next week! :)

I was hoping for some good news after deposit date :( but am still waiting! Trying to stay hopeful Was this the last deposit due?

Hi! I just got into USC's DPT program off the waitlist as well. I was wondering if there was a Facebook page or something for our cohort!

Does anyone know when we'll get the second deposit forms? I submitted my first deposit but haven't heard anything from usc other than they've received my first commitment deposit.

How much is the first deposit ? And second deposit?

Anyone apply recently to usc hybrid program and hear back? If so when did you apply and when did you hear back? Thank you.

anyone know how late it could be, before they stop pulling from the waitlist?

Has anyone heard back recently from the waitlist?

Anyone apply recently to usc hybrid program and hear back? If so when did you apply and when did you hear back? Thank you.

I submitted my app for the hybrid program by the early decision date (Feb) and received an acceptance phone call from Jeff today. Anyone else hear back from the hybrid program?

I submitted my app for the hybrid program by the early decision date (Feb) and received an acceptance phone call from Jeff today. Anyone else hear back from the hybrid program?

Congrats! What a relief! Did you submit well before the Feb Deadline? Jeff called me on saturday and said it may take a little more time, but i’m wondering if its because i’m on the chopping block. Heh. Did you have pretty good stats?

still waiting too... does anyone know any updated information regarding waitlist?

If you're referring to the residential program, then I have no idea.

If you're referring to the hybrid program.. I know the first deposit is due Apr 17th. I assume there will be movement by then.

I was notified yesterday that I am Waitlisted for the Hybrid program, nothing new from residential.

Just got wait-listed for the hybrid program yesterday. I applied early decision in February

I think it’s pretty much done, I was told by May 25th for the Hybrid and August for regular but by now it’s too late pretty much.
I was told June 1 was the deadline for the hybrid. Who told you it was May 25th?

I was told as late as June 14th
Spoke to the department, Hybrid is pretty much full and everyone is getting ready to begin. The regular program chances are very slim. Good luck everyone.

Congratz! I've also just recently got an acceptance to USC. I am currently in a dilemma between choosing USC or MGH (which I've already sent in my deposit for). For those who chose USC DPT, could you please shed some light on your decision making process? I can't seem to get over the expensive tuition.
Hi, I'm in the same position you were in this year. What made you decide one way or the other? Thanks!

Hi, I'm in the same position you were in this year. What made you decide one way or the other? Thanks!

When did you get your USC acceptance?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN