USC Global Medicine Spring 2014 Housing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alice955

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!

If you got accepted to the Spring 2014 semester and are planning to attend, congrats!

I have to relocate to LA to do the program and I was wondering if any of you are looking for a roommate? or have any tips on good sites to find affordable housing close to the health campus? Which area would be a good place/safe to live in?

Thanks! And I hope you're as excited about the program as I am! C:

Members don't see this ad.

I figured I could chime in. I go to USC right now for my MSW. If you don't mind living near USC as it is in a rougher neighborhood (understand that it is still safe but you have to obey the societal norms here). There are some great places near the health campus but you may also have classes on the main campus. Your best bet is to look in areas where a bed room in a house is going from $600-900 that is where most college students/graduate students are living. There is actually a space in the house I live in which is a 10 bedroom Victorian let me know how your search is going.

I figured I could chime in. I go to USC right now for my MSW. If you don't mind living near USC as it is in a rougher neighborhood (understand that it is still safe but you have to obey the societal norms here). There are some great places near the health campus but you may also have classes on the main campus. Your best bet is to look in areas where a bed room in a house is going from $600-900 that is where most college students/graduate students are living. There is actually a space in the house I live in which is a 10 bedroom Victorian let me know how your search is going.
I realize it's been a few years since you posted that, but do you still know anyone living in that house or the landlord's contact info? I know someone who might be interested in living there. Thanks!