ACPHS SMP (post bac) Spring 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

samgas12

Reaction score
Hi,

I just recently got accepted into ACPHS's SMP program. I am looking for other students that will be coming into the class of Spring 2022.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, just got an interview invite for this program. Any insight so far? I know you're just starting in

Hi, just got an interview invite for this program. Any insight so far? I know you're just starting in
Hey!! I just got an interview invite as well! Wanted to see if you did your interview? If so could you share some insight on the kind of questions they ask? Idk my anxiety and nerves are killing me lol! Any information would be extremely helpful :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey!! I just got an interview invite as well! Wanted to see if you did your interview? If so could you share some insight on the kind of questions they ask? Idk my anxiety and nerves are killing me lol! Any information would be extremely helpful :)
Don’t t be nervous! They are extremely nice, and asked me holistic questions based on my app. They asked me about my experiences, why am I interested in the program, how would the program get me closer to my goals. They asked how would I be successful in classes And they asked my why I want to be a doctor. Once again. Calm your nerves, they are so nice it was about 5 of them on the ADCOM all women and they are so nice and made me feel comfortable after I told them how nervous I was. A week later I got my acceptance letter!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi sorry for the late reply. I honestly had forgotten about this post. ummm so I just finished my first sem in this program. Overall I think its a great program to increase your GPA. Classes are honestly easier than my undergrad courses in my opinion, but that might be because the class sizes are smaller and also because the tests are significantly easier than in undergrad (also staff are very helpful and reachable). The pros in this program is that your GPA will go up, unless you do something stupid like not look at the books or the lectures. The program also offers many Journal Club-like classes where students have to read an academic journal and then present it in class. Almost all the classes have a presentation component which in my opinion helps you learn how to read scientific papers, which helps in the MCAT in the long run. The main con is that its in albany. This place F****ing sucks!!!!! I cant emphasize enough how much I hate this town.... its so boring and cold, there is nothing fun to do here, it just sucks up all of your serotonin. But in the end of the day you are here to bring your grades up, so if you were like me (who partied a little bit too much in ugrad) this might be a good place to come. Another con is that the linkage requirement when it comes to the MCAT is a little bit high in my opinion (compared to other linkaged programs like LECOM or Drexel). This school has a linkage agreement w/ AMC and NYIT DO school. The linkage for AMC requires a a 3.5 gpa and a 508 MCAT I believe, whereas NYIT requieres a 3.6gpa and a 505 MCAT. I highly advice that if you got accepted here, try to reach to the program faculty member on any of the free MCAT materials and try to take it in the summer. You must have an MCAT score that meets the requirements by the spring in order to link right away (luckily for you is that you can still link the upcoming year, so if your MCAT does not meet this requirement you have a whole year to take it and bring it up, plus the program provides you w/ kaplan practice exams and all AAMC materials (you will just need to buy UPangea on your own)). If any of y'all are interested in coming here or have been accepted, please msg me with any questions. I will be happy to answer them. Overall, I think that the only major con to this program is the high MCAT score needed to link, but overall classes are not difficult, class size is small and the faculties are very approachable. I can't emphasize enough how much you will hate Albany, but you are here to improve your chances to get into med school, and this is something that the program is great at in my opinion.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi sorry for the late reply. I honestly had forgotten about this post. ummm so I just finished my first sem in this program. Overall I think its a great program to increase your GPA. Classes are honestly easier than my undergrad courses in my opinion, but that might be because the class sizes are smaller and also because the tests are significantly easier than in undergrad (also staff are very helpful and reachable). The pros in this program is that your GPA will go up, unless you do something stupid like not look at the books or the lectures. The program also offers many Journal Club-like classes where students have to read an academic journal and then present it in class. Almost all the classes have a presentation component which in my opinion helps you learn how to read scientific papers, which helps in the MCAT in the long run. The main con is that its in albany. This place F****ing sucks!!!!! I cant emphasize enough how much I hate this town.... its so boring and cold, there is nothing fun to do here, it just sucks up all of your serotonin. But in the end of the day you are here to bring your grades up, so if you were like me (who partied a little bit too much in ugrad) this might be a good place to come. Another con is that the linkage requirement when it comes to the MCAT is a little bit high in my opinion (compared to other linkaged programs like LECOM or Drexel). This school has a linkage agreement w/ AMC and NYIT DO school. The linkage for AMC requires a a 3.5 gpa and a 508 MCAT I believe, whereas NYIT requieres a 3.6gpa and a 505 MCAT. I highly advice that if you got accepted here, try to reach to the program faculty member on any of the free MCAT materials and try to take it in the summer. You must have an MCAT score that meets the requirements by the spring in order to link right away (luckily for you is that you can still link the upcoming year, so if your MCAT does not meet this requirement you have a whole year to take it and bring it up, plus the program provides you w/ kaplan practice exams and all AAMC materials (you will just need to buy UPangea on your own)). If any of y'all are interested in coming here or have been accepted, please msg me with any questions. I will be happy to answer them. Overall, I think that the only major con to this program is the high MCAT score needed to link, but overall classes are not difficult, class size is small and the faculties are very approachable. I can't emphasize enough how much you will hate Albany, but you are here to improve your chances to get into med school, and this is something that the program is great at in my opinion.
Wow. Thank you so much! I will definitely be private mssging you because we have ALOT in common! (I need a boring environment because I partied too much during ugrad too)

I'm trying my hardest to meet the MCAT score before starting the program because I just want to focus on the classes. Any suggestions on living? I'm looking to move to Albany either first or second week of August.

Hey so I have a question- I’m scared for the GRE never taken the MCAT is there a score they hypothetically want you to have ? I know they said they don’t have a minimum GRE score requirement but idk . I want to go to this school!