USC Hybrid DPT 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anmarab

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone here currently applying for or have applied to USC's Hybrid DPT program for June 2021 cohort? Looking to see how the application process has been and if anyone has been accepted yet.

Members don't see this ad.

hii! I was just accepted the other day!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! Did you apply for any other schools and are you accepting your seat?!
I applied to a couple of other schools in California, but will most likely not be accepting my seat to the hybrid program because I was accepted to the residential program as well!

I applied to a couple of other schools in California, but will most likely not be accepting my seat to the hybrid program because I was accepted to the residential program as well!
Awesome! I've only applied to the hybrid program due to my current situation of not being able to relocate. Good luck with the other schools!

hii! I was just accepted the other day!
Hi congrats on your acceptance! May I kindly ask what your stats were? Thank you so much and good luck in the program! Also when did you apply :)?

Hi when you turned in your deposit for the residential program did you send it in via mail!? I was accepted too and want to ask how long it took you to get the deposit slip into their office! Thank you and congrats :)

Hi when you turned in your deposit for the residential program did you send it in via mail!? I was accepted too and want to ask how long it took you to get the deposit slip into their office! Thank you and congrats :)
May I kindly ask what your stats were? Thank you so much and good luck in the program! Also when did you apply :)?

Hi, I have yet to turn in my deposit, but I will be sending it via mail as soon as I finish up this quarter and go home to get my checkbook!

Hi congrats on your acceptance! May I kindly ask what your stats were? Thank you so much and good luck in the program! Also when did you apply :)?
I submitted my apps 09/07!

University: California Polytechnic State University- San Luis Obispo (Cal Poly SLO)
Major: Kinesiology (expected graduation June 2021)
Overall GPA: 3.37
Pre-Req GPA: 3.0-3.4 (depending on the school)
Science GPA: 2.94
GRE: 152 V 161 Q 4.0 AW

Extracurriculars/volunteer: Health assessment club, cultural club, cashier at froyo shop, research assistant, front desk assistant at a cardiologist office, adaptive sports team, CPR certification

Honors: dean's list (2 quarters)

Hours: 38 inpatient, ~440 outpatient (pt aide)

Applied (haven't heard back from yet): Chapman, Western, Mount Saint Mary's, Sacramento State
Accepted: USC (residential and hybrid), USA San Marcos

Hi, I have yet to turn in my deposit, but I will be sending it via mail as soon as I finish up this quarter and go home to get my checkbook!
Hi thank you so much for replying! Good luck and I look forward to meeting you in class :)

May I kindly ask what your stats were? Thank you so much and good luck in the program! Also when did you apply :)?
Hi of course!
Applied late October
University: California State Polytechnic University, Pomona (Cal Poly Pomona)

Overall GPA: 3.68
Science GPA: 3.65
Experience:
-Outpatient PT clinic (work) ~3000 hours
-Inpatient Rehab Hospital PT (volunteer) ~200 hours
-Server at Restaurant ~3 years
Strong letters of Recommendation from 2 PT’s and 2 professors
Applied: Chapman, USC, CSULB, WesternU, CSUN
Accepted: USC residential and Chapman University (accepted mid November for both programs)

Does anyone knows if the tuition for the residential/hybrid program is $73,000 combined for the first two years or $73,000 for each of the first and second year? Their website says is $73,000 "Flat Fee Basis for year 1 and 2" so I am a little bit confused.

I got accepted into the residential program and really want to attend as it is top ranked, but I am afraid of getting into so much debt just for tuition!

Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone knows if the tuition for the residential/hybrid program is $73,000 combined for the first two years or $73,000 for each of the first and second year? Their website says is $73,000 "Flat Fee Basis for year 1 and 2" so I am a little bit confused.

I got accepted into the residential program and really want to attend as it is top ranked, but I am afraid of getting into so much debt just for tuition!

Thank you in advance!
Hi! I asked the financial office this exact question. It is $73,000 per year for the first two years (sadly lol).

Hi! I asked the financial office this exact question. It is $73,000 per year for the first two years (sadly lol).
Thank you! That is a lot of money!! I am debating if the program is worth the cost. Did the financial aid mention how much in scholarships award students each year?

Thank you! That is a lot of money!! I am debating if the program is worth the cost. Did the financial aid mention how much in scholarships award students each year?
No, I didn't ask that but I don't think you'd find out until the deposit deadline passes. It sucks because it is an amazing program, but it is so much more expensive than the rest. I only applied to the residential program, but it is the only school I have officially been accepted to. I have interviews with UCSF and University of Colorado, but I may put this deposit down anyways. I would hate to not accept and then not get in anywhere after interviews. Plus, having one of the best programs as your back up isn't a bad thing! I'm pretty strapped on money, and I have hefty student loans from undergrad. I asked for more information about financial aid for the DPT program specifically, but they told me to check the DPT website and I couldn't really find much.

I feel you! It is a lot of money, but it is also one of the two schools I have gotten accepted so far, so I may put the deposit down to save a spot until I hear back from my other choices (in case I do end up getting accepted somewhere else). I agree that having it as a back up plan is not a bad idea as it is one os the best programs... but still, the tuition part is really scary.

how did you guys get notified about your acceptances, I haven't heard back yet

The scholarships are awarded around February! I was in a zoom meeting for the residential program just yesterday.

The scholarships are awarded around February! I was in a zoom meeting for the residential program just yesterday.
Do you have any notes from the Zoom meeting? PM me! And are you putting the deposit down?

The scholarships are awarded around February! I was in a zoom meeting for the residential program just yesterday
Do you have any notes from the Zoom meeting? PM me! And are you putting the deposit down?
Yes I do but I actually have another zoom meeting with a student from the usc dpt program tomorrow so I’ll give you more information then.

hey everyone! I got into USC and the deadline for a deposit is 1/15. I emailed the department and asked for an extension for the deadline and they granted me one! My deposit due date is now 1/29. I thought this may help other people in a similar situation and give other people accepted to USC more time for other schools’ decisions to come in!

Thanks! Do you mind sharing your stats?
University: California Polytechnic State University- San Luis Obispo (Cal Poly SLO)
Major: Kinesiology
Minor: Psychology
Overall GPA: 3.62
Pre-Req GPA: 3.2-3.6 (depending on the school)
GRE: 155 V 155 Q 5.5 AW

Extracurriculars/volunteer: Health assessment club, coached sports for people with disabilities, research assistant for 2 years (honors senior project for 2 quarters), humane society volunteer, CPA firm office assistant for 2 years, CPR certification, part time PT aide promoted to full time

Honors: cum laude honors, dean's list (8 quarters), president's list (2 academic years), W & A Sandercock Scholarship, essay published in Cal Poly SLO's English textbook

Hours: Over 1600 hours (2 years) as an outpatient pt aide (no inpatient experience due to covid)

Major: Kinesiology
Minor: Psychology
Overall GPA: 3.62
Pre-Req GPA: 3.2-3.6 (depending on the school)
GRE: 155 V 155 Q 5.5 AW

Extracurriculars/volunteer: Health assessment club, coached sports for people with disabilities, research assistant for 2 years (honors senior project for 2 quarters), humane society volunteer, CPA firm office assistant for 2 years, CPR certification, part time PT aide promoted to full time

Honors: cum laude honors, dean's list (8 quarters), president's list (2 academic years), W & A Sandercock Scholarship, essay published in Cal Poly SLO's English textbook

Hours: Over 1600 hours (2 years) as an outpatient pt aide (no inpatient experience due to covid)
That is so awesome thanks!

Update: accepting a seat for USC (residential program), while waiting to see if I get off of the CSULB high tier waitlist! :)

Hello, so I submitted my application and it was completed on December 24th 2020. Today I got this email. How long after the email I showed below did you hear back :) ?
Thanks

1612565837146.png

Update: accepting a seat for USC (residential program), while waiting to see if I get off of the CSULB high tier waitlist! :)
How long did it take to receive your official acceptance from USC?

Nice! Did you ever recieve an official acceptance letter in the mail?
It may have been sent to my mom’s house, because I use that as my permanent residence. But not that I know of; I have officially put the deposit down though!

Nice! Did you ever recieve an official acceptance letter in the mail?
I haven't received an acceptance letter in the mail yet but I heard that they will start sending out welcome packets next month.

thank you! will you be attending? if so, what made you choose a hybrid program?
I will be! Because of personal circumstances (husband's job is in a state where there are no PT schools and relocating isn't possible in the near future), hybrid was the best choice for me. It allows us to simultaneously work toward our career goals without me having to sacrifice more years of postponing to apply. I was thrilled that I got in since I applied to only one!

Hi all! Congratulations to those who have been accepted into USC’s residential and/or hybrid program! I applied to both programs in December and have just received a waitlist decision from both programs. Unfortunately, the admissions advisors cannot give me much information on what to expect next. Does anyone have any insight or experience with this? I’m finding it interesting that some were offered a position in the program 3 months ago and the deadline for deposits was last month. It seems like they should have a good idea now of whether or not the programs are at capacity or if pulling from the waitlist will be necessary. I guess I’m just trying to figure out my odds in order to plan ahead as much as I can. I’m also just trying to stay positive & thought it might help to chat with other prospective students! Thanks in advance :)

I got placed on waitlist today. Hopefully I here back soon with good news :)

I will be! Because of personal circumstances (husband's job is in a state where there are no PT schools and relocating isn't possible in the near future), hybrid was the best choice for me. It allows us to simultaneously work toward our career goals without me having to sacrifice more years of postponing to apply. I was thrilled that I got in since I applied to only one!
Nice! I will attending too, can't wait to meet you :)

Hi, did you’re acceptance come in two emails. I got one saying that I was being recommended for admission and that u should receive another email with the official acceptance (which I have not yet received). It came along with a form to mail for my first deposit. I don’t know if I should wait till I get the email or just send in the deposit.

Hi, did you’re acceptance come in two emails. I got one saying that I was being recommended for admission and that u should receive another email with the official acceptance (which I have not yet received). It came along with a form to mail for my first deposit. I don’t know if I should wait till I get the email or just send in the deposit.
Usually the first email it’s technically your admission letter. The official acceptance comes from the DPT Department, but you have been accepted already based on the first email.
Congratulations!

Usually the first email it’s technically your admission letter. The official acceptance comes from the DPT Department, but you have been accepted already based on the first email.
Congratulations!
And yes, I received both emails :) but not at the same time