USC info session!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smallkitty00

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I am going to the info session today and I want to know how should I dress for this? Is jean ok?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone!

I am going to the info session today and I want to know how should I dress for this? Is jean ok?

Thanks!

I'm also applying to USC, but live in Oregon. Could you post back after the session with any interesting/helpful information?

BTW I went to a similar session at Pacific last night. Almost everyone was dressed "business casual." I'm not sure how USC's is structured, but we had a chance to meet a lot of faculty, the dean, and admissions counselors. I would recommend agains jeans, just to be safe.

Hi Pharm47!

Everything was nice. Everyone knows what they are doing and extremely friendly. They went over stuff on their website, and others such as: rolling admission basis, how to get loans (they said next year students will not have to get private loans because of the grad plus loan program), etc. The most important thing I learned is that: they encourged you to retake classes you got C on. Even if those repeated courses do not raise you overall GPA up alot, they show that you are trying and that when they calculate prereq math/sciences GPA, they will only look at the "A" you just got. For example, I got one C in Biology, if I retake this class and got an A, for prereq math/science GPA, they only look at the A. However, for overall GPA, they take everything into account. Also, they HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend taking science classes at four-year university over community college.

Oh, one more thing. They say that last year, there were almost 1400 applications, they interviewed almost 600, and admitted slightly over 200 even though the entering class is 185. The reason is because someone will be admitted to multiple programs and decides not to attend USC. Of all those 200 from last year, all of them will be/got a BS by the time of admission.

Yeah, that's all I remember now. I'll post more if anything else comes to mind. Even though they say GPA is not everything (about 50% and everything else is another 50%), the avg GPA last year was 3.4.

Good luck to all of us who applying!

I went a few months ago to USC's session. Jeans are okay. It's very casual. Just wear what you would wear to a class.