USC Keck, looking for roommate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AngularVelocity

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'll be going to the USC health science campus this fall by August 2014. I'm looking at areas like Glendale, Pasadena, echo park, silver lake, downtown LA, and I'm definitely up to finding different areas that might be of interest to you.

About me - I'm a 26 year old male, finishing my Master's in Biomechanics. I'm going to be pursuing a Ph.d program on the health science campus at USC. I enjoy working out and staying healthy and I eat pretty well (and I don't judge if you eat McDonald's every meal). In my leisure time I play sports (tennis, volleyball, rock climb), play board games, play piano, read books, go to museums, take dance classes, etc. in a nutshell I'm just a nerd. I do enjoy going out and meeting new people and I'm excited to be in LA. Im a pretty clean individual, highly respectful of people and their personal space. My last roommates were long time leasers of a 6BR house and they saw 28 renters in their stay. They said I was tied with someone else for being the best roommate.

I'm looking for a roommate(s) to share a house or apartment with, as long as we are each in our own room. I'm very flexible about housing situations. If you're with a significant other and want to share a room that's fine with me etc. I'm looking to spend no more than $1,100 after utilities on a place and I would definitely be willing to spend less if that's your budget.

I'd like a roommate to be friendly, respectful and hopefully a graduate student. It doesn't matter to me if you're male or female. With that said - I have a long term girlfriend who will be doing long distance and she will be visiting one weekend every month. That would have to be okay with you as well.

Best of luck in your roommate search! If you're interested, email me at [email protected] and tell me about yourself! I plan on visiting the area sometime before April and if we get along, we should search together.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! Lots of luck with your roommate search! If you and a potential roommate are interested in a fully-furnished sublet for fall semester, our awesome loft near Keck will be available while we're teaching abroad for the semester:

SUBLET CONTEMPORARY LOFT: FALL SEMSTER 2014 - approx 1.5 miles to Keck

Contemporary, newly renovated designer loft in historic paint warehouse. Sublet from a design-professor couple while we're teaching abroad in Asia. Huge 1550+sf living space, 17ft soaring ceilings, tons of natural light, and full wall of 12ft tall industrial windows.

CONTACT: Email [email protected] for pix // call/text 323-813-8816 // check out https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1945132

• 4 month sublet: Sept 1 - Dec 31, 2014 (flexible to move in late Aug 2014 / move out early Jan 2015)
• 2-Level, fully-furnished loft with: private bedroom on lower level, 1 bathroom, upper level mezzanine lounge, upper level 2nd bedroom/office area
• $2200/month (includes wifi & all utilities) ($1100 per bedroom)
• Convenient location on N San Fernando Rd in historic Lincoln Heights (90031) -- 5 min drive / 15 min bike to Keck -- near Downtown Los Angeles, Chinatown, Silver Lake & Echo Park
• 4 blocks from Metro Gold line Lincoln Heights Station & easy access to 110/5 Fwys
• Fridge, brand new dishwasher, microwave, gas stove, washer/dryer, gourmet espresso maker
• Central A/C & heat
• Use of large common area 24-hour fitness center, large-screen TV room, outdoor patios, gas BBQ
• Security patrolled, gated complex
Screen Shot 2014-03-08 at 9.01.04 PM.jpg