USC Keck -- Talking to a counselor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shpamme

status pages confuse me.
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any idea whether Keck gives any more information that is listed on the status page? I called, and the admissions lady said all they can tell me is what's on the status page. She couldn't tell me whether my app had gone to committee yet or whether I'd been screened out.

Also, has anyone been successful in talking to a admissions counselor there (e.g. getting past the receptionist)? NOT meaning to imply that she's not important.. but I'd had luck by talking to higher admissions staff at other schools, so I was hoping there is some way to get around being stonewalled at USC.

Members don't see this ad.

Nope, I tried too. All I know is that components of the application have been recieved.

When did you complete yours? I only completed mine Jan 01. They gave me a extension because AMCAS screwed up in sending my scores out to schools. (released a month late relative to other Aug 2006 scores).

Hey hopeagainstodds--I was complete also close to the deadline, sometime early December. I sort of lost hope around November because I hadn't received any interviews at that point, and delayed filling out my last few secondaries. Good luck to you!! Sorry about the AMCAS mishap.

Anyone at all talk to a counselor or get more information other than the app is complete?