USC March 17 interview people

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

danhphan80

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
USC Last interview people: Please let us know when you guys receive your acceptance. Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

For those of you who went to the March 17th interview, how well did you think your interview went?? Mines was kinda... blehhhhh....very bland. I'm trying not to expect anything. :p

Mine I think went well, I had only one interviewer since the student did not show u but she was great. She was friendly:) and seemed to be into to the answers I gave her. I hope she felt the same way about me...

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine I think went well, I had only one interviewer since the student did not show u but she was great. She was friendly:) and seemed to be into to the answers I gave her. I hope she felt the same way about me...

they'er supposed to be friendly ;) .

My faculty interviewer was from the UK, if I had to guess, I'd say Welsh, but I have know idea what I'm basing that on. He stared down at his notepad and wrote notes when he wasn't asking questions. The student was very pleasant. She was a fourth year and had really good info on rotations available, how to pick, etc.

I think mine went rather well.

Did anyone else think that "summarizing" a paragraph that was already short seemed a bit difficult. The person in front of me wrote 1 3/4 pages. I'm wondering if I misunderstood "summarize".

Other than that I can't complain. I'm hoping to hear from OSU and Western this week and USC in about 2-2 1/2.

My faculty interviewer was from the UK, if I had to guess, I'd say Welsh, but I have know idea what I'm basing that on. He stared down at his notepad and wrote notes when he wasn't asking questions. The student was very pleasant. She was a fourth year and had really good info on rotations available, how to pick, etc.

Did anyone else think that "summarizing" a paragraph that was already short seemed a bit difficult. The person in front of me wrote 1 3/4 pages. I'm wondering if I misunderstood "summarize".

Other than that I can't complain. I'm hoping to hear from OSU and Western this week and USC in about 2-2 1/2.

yea i wrote like half a page on the front only. it did say to summarize and i did see people writing like crazy. don't know why :laugh:

i think i had the same interviewers in november! and yeah mine summary was quite short... about 3/4 page. i'd say don't worry too much about the writing portion, from what i've heard from current students, it's not at all a big determining factor on admission.

i think i had the same interviewers in november! and yeah mine summary was quite short... about 3/4 page. i'd say don't worry too much about the writing portion, from what i've heard from current students, it's not at all a big determining factor on admission.

I know it's not weighted as heavily as other factors, but any edge I can get, even the slightest, I'll take. I made salutatorian by 0.01 GPA I'd take acceptance letter by same margin if possible. (Don't be impressed with salutatorian, I had a 3.49 and you had to round for me to be in the top 10% of my class of 17)

I know it's not weighted as heavily as other factors, but any edge I can get, even the slightest, I'll take. I made salutatorian by 0.01 GPA I'd take acceptance letter by same margin if possible. (Don't be impressed with salutatorian, I had a 3.49 and you had to round for me to be in the top 10% of my class of 17)

Wow, you beat 15.3 people :thumbup: that class size is probably smaller than my homeroom class was! (and that wasn't meant in sarcasm or anything like that, btw, just joking and in amazement because the smallest class I've heard of before this is 30 people, heh)

Did anyone have Joel Hay for the interview? He is a professor, kinda chubby, big head, hairy face, glasses, looks kinda like a bum (hope hes not reading this =X) I wonder how he conducts his interview. He is a really interesting professor.

I felt my interview was a little rush which threw me off at the beginning. The interviewers weren't in the room when we came so we had to go look for them.:thumbdown: However, the interviewers were exceptionally nice and convinced me that USC is the place I want to be at.:) Also, I should've eaten breakfast before the interview.:D

I think my interview went ok, wasn't the greatest, and could have gone better, I guess. My faculty interviewer was nice and just sat back in his chair the whole time. At the end I think he asked me if I had anymore questions like 4 times. Yeah for the written, I only wrote like a half page and began to worry when I saw how everyone else was still writing so intensely.

In retrospect, I think my interview went rather well. I must admit that I was somewhat nervous during the interview but to my surprise it did feel more like a conversation and less of an interrogation. As a matter of fact, I didn't even have time to ask them any questions (the student interviewer looked at her watch and said I had to go and write my writing sample)!

I think I learned a lot from my first interview (MWUCPG) where it seemed like it would never end. Practicing helps soooo much!

My interviewers were Dr. Wong and a 1st year student (I think they ran out of student interviewers). They were very friendly and did not ask very difficult questions like some others have experienced on this forum. I certainly hope that I get into USC as it is my #1 choice! Just another 3-4 more weeks...good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
My interview was ok I guess. My interviewer looked bored the whole time. In the beginning I saw her rolling her eyes, I don't know why I hadn't even said anything yet. But the rest of the interview went well. Time went by really fast and before I know it, it was time to take the written portion. I am hoping for the best. We'll see what happens.

I'm lucky that both of my interviewers were very nice, not the ones that grill you like I've heard from previous USC threads. We were talking about the VA system, and they got so into it, they started to talk to each OTHER about it. I was sitting there thinking, "HEY!! Look at me, I'm the one who's supposed to be interviewed!!" I tried to pipe in here and there but I still left feeling that I wasn't able to sell myself as well as I could've.

In retrospect, I think my interview went rather well. I must admit that I was somewhat nervous during the interview but to my surprise it did feel more like a conversation and less of an interrogation. As a matter of fact, I didn't even have time to ask them any questions (the student interviewer looked at her watch and said I had to go and write my writing sample)!

I think I learned a lot from my first interview (MWUCPG) where it seemed like it would never end. Practicing helps soooo much!

My interviewers were Dr. Wong and a 1st year student (I think they ran out of student interviewers). They were very friendly and did not ask very difficult questions like some others have experienced on this forum. I certainly hope that I get into USC as it is my #1 choice! Just another 3-4 more weeks...good luck everyone!

wow... it DOES sound like you had very nice interviewers! good for you :thumbup: though i wish mine nicer...

wow... it DOES sound like you had very nice interviewers! good for you :thumbup: though i wish mine nicer...

Compared to my interviewers at MWUCPG they were MUCH nicer. Although, I must admit that I was pretty dumb at CPG because I didn't practice enough beforehand AND I did not elaborate on my answers.

I really do hope that the interview is a good indication of the decision I will receive in a few weeks! I don't know...some say that they thought their interview went poorly and they get in, others say their interview went very well and then get rejected!

I suppose their decision does depend on a lot of other factors, but in my case I hope they weigh the interview heavily as my GPA is lacking. :(

Regarding the writing sample, I wrote about 1 page. The subject was on medical research groups or something like that. I was even nervous during the writing portion so I may have missed the whole point of the article! Well, hopefully it's true that they don't weigh it too heavily!

hi, for everyone that interviewed at USC this march 17, has anyone received any kind of response back from them yet? i just wanted to know if everyone has started to hear back from them.. thank you in advance :)

Merged the two threads.

I don't think we'll be getting anything for at least another week, probably 2. It's only been two weeks and they said probably 4 at the earliest. (I think the february interview the earliest response was just at/after 3 weeks. I'd have to look at the old thread again.

Merged the two threads.

I don't think we'll be getting anything for at least another week, probably 2. It's only been two weeks and they said probably 4 at the earliest. (I think the february interview the earliest response was just at/after 3 weeks. I'd have to look at the old thread again.

jim said they'll try to do their best to make it 3 weeks (so earliest could be THIS WEEKEND). but latest is def. 4 weeks.

jim said they'll try to do their best to make it 3 weeks (so earliest could be THIS WEEKEND). but latest is def. 4 weeks.

FYI

I just got off the phone with USC admissions (4-4-07) and they said the admissions committee has not met to review the March 17th interviews. The review will begin sometime next week (April 9-13).

Letters are to be expected about a week or so after that. Good luck everyone!

FYI

I just got off the phone with USC admissions (4-4-07) and they said the admissions committee has not met to review the March 17th interviews. The review will begin sometime next week (April 9-13).

Letters are to be expected about a week or so after that. Good luck everyone!

wtf. that's 5-6 weeks then. what have they been doing all this time? :mad:

wtf. that's 5-6 weeks then. what have they been doing all this time? :mad:

s/b closer to 5 weeks if it takes a week in the mail, provided they mail them right away. Not that I like it, but I never count on anything sooner than promised, and generally add another week or two depending on the time frame given.

My interview went well I didn't feel rushed at all. I was a bit nervous but I calmed down as the interview progressed. As for the essay Mine was about 1 page. I don't think it matters too much on the legnth but the content. As long as we followed the directions that should be fine:oops:

i got my acceptance today and i'm in socal so u guys might check your mailbox starting today :D

i got my acceptance today and i'm in socal so u guys might check your mailbox starting today :D

CONGRATS!! You were from the March 17th interview right?? That wasn't too long of a wait....Oh gosh, I'm dreading the mailbox right now. :scared: I already know the outcome you guys.

CONGRATS!! You were from the March 17th interview right?? That wasn't too long of a wait....Oh gosh, I'm dreading the mailbox right now. :scared: I already know the outcome you guys.

Nothing but junk mail in mine today, hopefully tomorrow. Got my reject email from Oregon State today.:( I really need some good news.

the letter was dated 4/10 so only took a day.

i'm still leaning towards UCSF, but my family wants to me to go to USC :oops: .

I think you're in a good position to have these two as choices. Either way, you'll be going to a good school. And if you choose USC, at least you'll only be losing $100 from your UCSF deposit (as opposed to me who got my letters in the opposite order as you, so I lost out on $500 from USC :mad:).

Let us know what you choose!

I think you're in a good position to have these two as choices. Either way, you'll be going to a good school. And if you choose USC, at least you'll only be losing $100 from your UCSF deposit (as opposed to me who got my letters in the opposite order as you, so I lost out on $500 from USC :mad:).

Let us know what you choose!

man maybe now i'm leaning towards ucsf b/c the total cost at usc is 42k, and ucsf is 20k :confused:

but yea, they're two great schools.

man maybe now i'm leaning towards ucsf b/c the total cost at usc is 42k, and ucsf is 20k :confused:

but yea, they're two great schools.

Okay, I promise this is my last message since I don't want to be a hijacker. But I think that 20k is only the cost of tuition at UCSF. So the total will probably be closer to $32k, which yes is still cheaper, but more than your estimate.

the letter was dated 4/10 so only took a day.

i'm still leaning towards UCSF, but my family wants to me to go to USC :oops: .

COngrats on your acceptance.. i was wondering if they told you how many ppl they accep[ted for the march interview

Congrats to everyone accepted!

I got in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After reading doublehh03's post I started getting anxious and planted myself next to the mailbox. To my surprise the mailman delivered a large yellow USC envelope to me! You couldn't imagine the screams of joy from my family after they heard the news :)

This is my first year applying to pharmacy school and so far I've been rejected from 7 out of 11 schools and waitlisted after interview at 1 school. I'm still waiting for replies (interview requests or rejections) from 2 more schools.

My hope was fading quickly from the numerous rejections and also the fact that my GPA is not very high (3.15 cumulative, 2.87 science). Fortunately I had good recommendations, lots of experience (academic, professional, & extracurricular), and a good interview.

This forum also helped in my success as it is an excellent resource. It definitely came in handy many times throughout the application process. Thank you everyone!

I also wanted to say that there is still hope for those who are in a similar situation (low GPA, etc). If I can make it so can you! Good luck everyone!

COngrats:thumbup: to everyone who got in. I just checked my mail nothing yet. I live in SoCAL also. The anxiety is killing me.:confused:

I just got accepted too! :D So excited. It was funny that I got accepted today because I had a dream last night that i was placed on the waitlist and my position on the waitlist was a 3 and my dream self didn't think that was too bad. I can definitely say that this is better.

I interviewed in January and live in SoCal.

constance730: There were no stats on how many people they accepted in the packet that I received.

I just got accepted too! :D So excited. It was funny that I got accepted today because I had a dream last night that i was placed on the waitlist and my position on the waitlist was a 3 and my dream self didn't think that was too bad. I can definitely say that this is better.

I interviewed in January and live in SoCal.

constance730: There were no stats on how many people they accepted in the packet that I received.

CONGRATS! aww youre soo lucky! i also interviewed in Jan and been on active consideration since then..hopefully today isn't the last of their acceptances..:( Thanks for letting me know!

Can accepted students share their stats please =)

Just came home from work and was greeted by a big envelope from USC.

OMG! After waiting many, long, enduring months since November... I'm in!

I'm soooo excited! USC here I come! :love:

I guess USC has started taking ppl off the active consideration list. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

I got in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After reading doublehh03's post I started getting anxious and planted myself next to the mailbox. To my surprise the mailman delivered a large yellow USC envelope to me! You couldn't imagine the screams of joy from my family after they heard the news :)

This is my first year applying to pharmacy school and so far I've been rejected from 7 out of 11 schools and waitlisted after interview at 1 school. I'm still waiting for replies (interview requests or rejections) from 2 more schools.

My hope was fading quickly from the numerous rejections and also the fact that my GPA is not very high (3.15 cumulative, 2.87 science). Fortunately I had good recommendations, lots of experience (academic, professional, & extracurricular), and a good interview.

This forum also helped in my success as it is an excellent resource. It definitely came in handy many times throughout the application process. Thank you everyone!

I also wanted to say that there is still hope for those who are in a similar situation (low GPA, etc). If I can make it so can you! Good luck everyone!

congrats! what school did u graduate from? did u take the PCAT?

congrats! what school did u graduate from? did u take the PCAT?

I graduated from UC Berkeley with a BA in Molecular and Cell Biology. I applied to several out of state schools so I took the PCAT and managed to score a 91 composite.

Even though CA schools do not require the PCAT, I highly recommend taking it as it is not extremely difficult and some CA pharmacy schools actually look favorably upon it.

You can't imagine how happy I am right now! All this hard work and effort has finally paid off! :)

I noticed that a lot of people from the active consideration list got their acceptance today. Is there anyone from the March interview who got accepted?

im waitlisted (im from the january interview though).. but here are some stats: addtional 57 admitted, 152 denied, 150 active consideration/waitlist.. good luck.. congrats to everyone admitted!im still waiting..:(