USC Masters in OT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

southrngal7

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi i am new to this forum...so please be patient with me...I am not sure if there is where I post my question...I was just wondering if applicants who applied to the USC Masters in OT program for fall 2008 have heard anything positive or negative? Any help would be greatly appreciated...Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

USC hosted an admitted student reception last week for the Master's in OT program starting in June. I heard they are still in the process of selecting applicants to fill the class though, so you may still be in luck. I am not sure why everyone was not invited to the reception, but I think it has to do with the overwhelming number of applications they received this year.

luv2run thank you for the input...I contacted the director of admissions about 3 weeks ago regarding when candidates should be notified of acceptance or denial into the program and she told me a few weeks and that it was taking longer than they expected...i have not heard anything yet im not sure if thats a good sign or bad sign? I think the waiting part is the hardest!!

Members don't see this ad :)
FYI: i heard back from USC yesterday in the mail. It's a no-go for me for the DPT program. Hope you have better luck!

southrngal.. I am anxiously waiting to hear from them as well. I know somebody who got a rejection letter last week and we both live in socal. So, I don't really know what's going on. I haven't contacted the admissions director either and thinking if I should wait till next week. :confused:

orange21...I would definitely call or send the admissions director an e-mail if you have not heard ANYTHING yet...My mom spoke with the admissions director on friday morning and found out that they sent my letter to the completely wrong address and had different contact information for me the only thing that was right was my home phone number...so annoying! I guess im waitlisted...I e-mailed the admissions director to get the particulars about the whole waitlist thing...Good luck to you!!!

Funny, I thought my letter might have been sent to the wrong address. Anyway, I will give the director a call first thing on Monday. Do you know for sure that you're waitlisted? And btw, just thought you might know, how many MAII admits do they take each year?

after the whole mix up with my address and everything I got a letter in the mail on saturday asking if I wanted to be waitlisted...I faxed it to USC saying yes I wanted to be put on the wailist...so i think that means im on the wailist for sure? the MA-II program at USC has around 90 people all together I think...don't qoute me on that though...have you heard anything orange21?

Sorry I haven't been on here for a while. I contacted them and I was told that the process is still going on. Any updates on your end?