USC Masters of Science in Global Medicine, what did you write your essay about?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MonkeyMeat48

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently looking to apply to the MS in Global Medicine as I think this is the perfect fit for me. I was a biology and public health major in undergrad, my experience is all clinical and volunteer work, and I'm extremely interested in global mental health.

This is the current prompt for the MSGM: "Why are you interested in pursuing the Master of Science in Global Medicine degree? How will this degree affect or enhance your career aspirations and goals?"

I'm a little lost on where to start writing as the honest truth is that it's in line with my interests and previous experiences, while at the same time a great learning opportunity while I decide between MD and PhD. But obviously, I gotta jazz it up.

For those who were accepted, I would love to hear the approach others took with their essays so I can have a better feel for what the program is looking for! Thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

I am currently applying to the program too! I could also definitely use some inspiration.

I explained why I wanted to pursue Medicine as a career and what I had completed to date that shows my interest and dedication.