USC Nov 18th interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WhoaTasneem

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I just finished at my SC interveiw today. Im so confused though. :confused:

How do you know if you did well or not? Do you just have a feeling or what? I know I didn't do poorly , but how do I know if I rocked it or not??

:)
Just wondering

Members don't see this ad.

My faculty interviewer ended with, "You would make an excellent candidate for USC. Just do well on your essay and I look forward to instructing you". I was sooooo relieved.

However..I'm not going to jump for joy until I actually get the letter and see it in writing.

My faculty interviewer ended with, "You would make an excellent candidate for USC. Just do well on your essay and I look forward to instructing you". I was sooooo relieved.

However..I'm not going to jump for joy until I actually get the letter and see it in writing.

Candidate...but not a student?? hmmmmm....

Members don't see this ad :)
just came back from the interview too. man did those 20 minutes fly by fast! it went by so fast and i was just answering questions that i dont really even remember what i answered. haha hopefully i didnt do too horribly =T

I hope your interviews all went well! It's all over now, and you can probably expect to hear back with regards to your status by the end of December...

I look forward to seeing you guys around campus next year =)

i couldn't really tell how i did. my interviewers showed no expression during the entire interview. at least at uop the professor nodded and gave feedback with many "uh-huh"s "yes"s.. but at usc, i got no response.

i dont know if i was boring them.. or that because i was the last interview group.. but man.. it felt weird because it left like they hated me.

that 20 mins flew by too fast! especially because it was close filed.. i felt like i spent a lot of the time telling them things that could probably already be found somewhere on my apps..

so did any of you understand what Jim was talkin about when he said if you put a deposit down for one school, they lock your pharmcas? so does that mean if u accept one schools offer, no other schools can ask to interview/accept you?

i couldn't really tell how i did. my interviewers showed no expression during the entire interview. at least at uop the professor nodded and gave feedback with many "uh-huh"s "yes"s.. but at usc, i got no response.

i dont know if i was boring them.. or that because i was the last interview group.. but man.. it felt weird because it left like they hated me.

i know what u mean...i was also in the last interview group n i left feelin the same way.

they either mustve been really tired...or they were testing u on how u'd react...

or they jus wanted to leave for the game

so did any of you understand what Jim was talkin about when he said if you put a deposit down for one school, they lock your pharmcas? so does that mean if u accept one schools offer, no other schools can ask to interview/accept you?

From my understanding, you can still interview for other schools and other schools can still accept you. You just cannot accept multiple offers from different schools, (i.e. make a deposit for one school while being locked down to another).

Dude.. my interviewer ended by saying something to the effect of "I'm sure it'll work out for you wherever you go"... now whether they meant it as casual chat or an indication that they didn't think I did well... *sigh*.. I am having ulcers... I wish I got the comment that Swanchick84 got...

I want to say something regarding the post I made regarding the comment of my faculty interviewer.

Not that I have been accused of it, but I just wanted to reassure everyone that I did not share that info to make people feel bad. I was simply just answering a question a member had.

The truth is, I am just as uncertain, scared and anxious as all of you. The oral interview will not 100% determine if I get in. If anything, it will make me more devastated if I don't get in. I don't know how I did in the essay. Even though I have good ECs, my GPA is probably lower than all of you that interviewed. It's so borderline that I didn't even get an interview for USC last year. My point is: We're all in this together. My intention was never to make people feel more insecure, and if I did any of that, I sincerely apologize.

My GA is borderline too and I think Jim said st about they would look at everything at the end and choose from the top. The faculty that I interview with is Chinese American and he was not talkative at all. At the end, when I shaked their hand and said "thank you", they just said "you're welcome!" So, don't worry too much! and yes, we're all in this together. It's over. Let's just wait and see.

Cheers!

I want to say something regarding the post I made regarding the comment of my faculty interviewer.

Not that I have been accused of it, but I just wanted to reassure everyone that I did not share that info to make people feel bad. I was simply just answering a question a member had.

The truth is, I am just as uncertain, scared and anxious as all of you. The oral interview will not 100% determine if I get in. If anything, it will make me more devastated if I don't get in. I don't know how I did in the essay. Even though I have good ECs, my GPA is probably lower than all of you that interviewed. It's so borderline that I didn't even get an interview for USC last year. My point is: We're all in this together. My intention was never to make people feel more insecure, and if I did any of that, I sincerely apologize.
I'm not sure if you've mentioned it in any of your other posts, but what are your stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not sure if you've mentioned it in any of your other posts, but what are your stats?
I really want to go to USC after that interview. Despite what people say about it being in east L.A. I still want to go there. The campus area is beautiful and the students there are laid back and friendly. I like how USC promotes diversity and reaches out to all students. It was suprising to see that the majority of students that go there and that apply were asian-americans, along with the faculty interviewers. Just goes to show that pharmacy is becoming a diversified field, which is really needed.

wow... that's good for you. i'm thinking that i'm somewhat screwed 'cuz at the end of the interview, my interviewer said my apps/interview was "interesting."

i dunno... is that some sort of code for "not good enough"... or?

wow... that's good for you. i'm thinking that i'm somewhat screwed 'cuz at the end of the interview, my interviewer said my apps/interview was "interesting."

i dunno... is that some sort of code for "not good enough"... or?

hmmm...I have no idea what your interviewers meant by "interesting". What was their tone like?

I think alot of it is luck also. In many ways, I think I was just more lucky this year in that I got more responsive interviewers and all my interviews were early in the day. Think about it. For those that had later interviews, I would think that you have to work a little harder than those that had earlier interviews because interviewers naturally get tired and just want to go home by the end of the day.

After retaking courses-
acc. to PHARMCAS:
3.01 sci
3.21 overall

Extracurriculars:
400 hrs of pharmacy volunteer, inpatient and oupatient hospital experience
2 yrs screening for hypertension, diabetes, cholesterol thru school health organization
Started a Catholic charity club w/2 friends which aims to feed the homeless in Skid Row.
1 yr of research in leukemia
2 yrs involvement in Project Literacy (read with kids)
Administrative assistant for an ophthamologist

Graduated UCLA in 2006 w/B.S. in psychobiology
Awarded UCLA Chancellor's Service Award upon graduation
(I think this award plus slightly higher GPA helped me get an interview for USC this year)

After retaking courses-
acc. to PHARMCAS:
3.01 sci
3.21 overall

Extracurriculars:
400 hrs of pharmacy volunteer, inpatient and oupatient hospital experience
2 yrs screening for hypertension, diabetes, cholesterol thru school health organization
Started a Catholic charity club w/2 friends which aims to feed the homeless in Skid Row.
1 yr of research in leukemia
2 yrs involvement in Project Literacy (read with kids)
Administrative assistant for an ophthamologist

Graduated UCLA in 2006 w/B.S. in psychobiology
Awarded UCLA Chancellor's Service Award upon graduation
(I think this award plus slightly higher GPA helped me get an interview for USC this year)
Wow. I'm right there with you on the GPA, but I'm working on the volunteer hours and trying to get hired as a pharmacy tech by the beginning of the year. Thanks for the reply and good luck!

Hey there everyone... just wanted to wish you all the best of luck and remind you that we do have slightly better chances considering we are the first batch of interviewees...although Jim had said that the decisions are not made till the very end, the numbers indicate elsewise. for the past 2 yrs (the data i was able to research only went back that far), the most number of acceptances were from the first interview session and as the other sessions came around, the numbers decreased....
So good luck to everyone and i wish you all the best of luck...

i was wandering if anyone got interviewed by the tall older man in the conference room who wore black shades during the interview. He seemed a little rude and didn't show much interest in what i had to say and kept cutting me off!!!! At some point he looked at me like he had just seen a zombie !! hahahahhaa! :smuggrin: :scared: In my opinion, he took the "intimidation" approach with me but i maintained my cool (or so i think).... let me know what you think if u were interviewed by him? from what i heard after talking with a few people after the interview, all the other interviewers were really nice.

Goodluck to all and keep posting!!! my thoughts and prayers are with you all!
oh and also, for those who applied to Western, you should be recieving phonecalls soon about the Dec 2nd interview.
hopefully ill see you there...

I guess "hazi bi teezi".
;-)

Hey Guys,

I just finished at my SC interveiw today. Im so confused though. :confused:

How do you know if you did well or not? Do you just have a feeling or what? I know I didn't do poorly , but how do I know if I rocked it or not??

:)
Just wondering
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey bro...
from what i was told by a friend of mine who was a student interviewer when he was in pharmacy school, they are told to not show any expression during the interview...it's almost like a "poker face" to somewhat intimidate you. Don't expect to get any feedback from them during or after the interview but that doesn't necessarily mean anything..
either way...its always nice to get somewhat of a positive vibe from the interviewer or maybe some sort of indication that "they are interested".
Neither of those was the case for me but i'm still staying positive and wishing for the best...
keep your head up...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

HAHAHAHAAAAHA!!!
That reminds me of my interview homie!
Read what i posted in an earlier posting and let me know what you think and if you might've gotten the same interviewer that i had.
cheers

i know what u mean...i was also in the last interview group n i left feelin the same way.

they either mustve been really tired...or they were testing u on how u'd react...

or they jus wanted to leave for the game

YES!!!
i know exactly how you two felt. I wasn't in the last interview group, but I received the same reaction from my prof and student. I wonder if we had the same people interviewing us (female student and prof???) . I felt really nervous and they didn't seem to say much, and the only time they did say something to me, i felt like they were attacking me b/c i had said something wrong. AHHHHHH
i'm so scared. I'm curious, whom did you two get??? it might be bad to post their names publicly, so PM if possible. Thanks.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE
Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!

3 more weeks!!

gaawd, the more i think about my interview, the more stupid answers i can easily recall and the less i can recall about what i answered pretty well.....

i hate waiting.

Good luck to those who interviewed on Nov. 18th!

Thank you to those who posted their questions on the Pharmacy school interview feedback!

Could those who also attended post their questions they were asked kindly on the feedback page, please. Thanks!

3 more weeks!!

gaawd, the more i think about my interview, the more stupid answers i can easily recall and the less i can recall about what i answered pretty well.....

i hate waiting.

yeah totally.

I am sure everyone did great :) Now it's just the wait for the envelope....good luck to all of u :)

For the interviews (last round)

did anyone have the guy that was involved in cardiac care, tall, studdered once in a while, along with a P3 girl?

He seemed really nice, but I couldn't tell what sort of reactions he gave to my responses.

Good luck to those who interviewed on Nov. 18th!

Thank you to those who posted their questions on the Pharmacy school interview feedback!

Could those who also attended post their questions they were asked kindly on the feedback page, please. Thanks!

All the questions I was asked are in the interview feedback. The ones that weren't dealt with specifics of my extracurriculars (e.g. Tell me more about your teaching experience. Why do you think so many students don't pass their high school exit exam? Why do you think you got your award?) so be sure to study that 1 page summary they make you write to confirm the interview.

General:
Why pharmacy?
What aspect of pharmacy do you want to work at?
Why USC?
What are some of your extracurriculars?
How do you handle stress?
How do you manage time?
Were there any problems in the pharmacy you worked at?
What changes do you see in the future of pharmacy?

To those who will interview soon :

I got asked the basic questions which were read from a list. Also, the 300 word essay was used as the basis for questions. Questions were pretty basic:

Tell me aout yourself.
Why pharmacy school?
What are some of the challenges?
How do you plan to deal with those challenges?
What is a current issue in pharmacy?
What's one thing you want us to reember you by?
What area do you want to go into?
Tell us about you activities?
I talked about one of my paitents so they asked what my role in her treatment was? what I learned kind of a thing....

hope this helps!:)

Remeber not to stress ....

I submitted my pharmcas and supp. app. just before september 1st but have yet to received any mail from them. Anyone here on the same boat?

I submitted my pharmcas and supp. app. just before september 1st but have yet to received any mail from them. Anyone here on the same boat?

haha, man is this post of out place.

to answer your question, not in the same boat.
Call usc to see if you're missing anything. I'm going to take a stab at this and say you're missing transcripts, and you did not send them directly to USC. just a guess

to bring it back to the Nov 18 interview
anyone else anxious?
do you think it's too late to send a thank you card?

i emailed them yesterday to update my application. I decided I am going to retake an ochem class to improve my chances, I hope it helps.
Good Luck all

I think i would be put on hold.........:confused:

Oh, my Fall and winter schedules are different from my planned one on Pharmcas. Should I contact each school now? or wait until the updating time to do it with pharmcas? I still take all the classes (maybe 1 more), but not at same quarter like I planned.

Good luck to everyone,

KT

hey smallkitty, i had the same problem. my planned courses were different from what i actually decided to do this quarter. I called USC and they just said to email them with the changes ([email protected]) i think thats the email address. if u applied to UOP, you have to tell them the changes in writing and mail it to the admissions office. I think for UCSF, u dont need to do anything except update it during the pharmcas Winter Update window. Anyways, hope that helps! =) Just to be safe, just call all your schools and ask what you should do.

so does the winter Update Window allow us to update both fall (the ones we will have completed) and spring courses?

hey smallkitty, i had the same problem. my planned courses were different from what i actually decided to do this quarter. I called USC and they just said to email them with the changes ([email protected]) i think thats the email address. if u applied to UOP, you have to tell them the changes in writing and mail it to the admissions office. I think for UCSF, u dont need to do anything except update it during the pharmcas Winter Update window. Anyways, hope that helps! =) Just to be safe, just call all your schools and ask what you should do.

For those who apply with repeated courses, how many did you repeat?

Are you sure about UOP? I called their admissions office before and they told me I can just email them the course changes. I did and they responded saying they'll update my file. Hmm... By the way, anyone heard from Tier 3 heard from UOP yet? I submitted mine right on the due date...:confused:

Are you sure about UOP? I called their admissions office before and they told me I can just email them the course changes. I did and they responded saying they'll update my file. Hmm... By the way, anyone heard from Tier 3 heard from UOP yet? I submitted mine right on the due date...:confused:

You might want to put this in the UOP thread for more responses.

This is totally not pharmacy related, but just wanted to say....

After 7 straight losses from USC....
today, December 2, 2006 at 5:00pm...
UCLA beats USC 13-9!

Wooooooohooooooooo!

My heart was racing the entire 4th quarter.

*Go Bruins!!!* :D

Hi everyone!

I know it is not 4 week yet, but anyone heard anything? Please post it here!

Thanks and Good Luck!!!

nope. who's with me....camped out by the mail box?

i think the admission letters are coming soon ... good luck u guys :luck:

ok and i should be studying for my LAST FINAL!!

nope. who's with me....camped out by the mail box?

(lame joke warning)

if we're with you, who's going to watch our mailboxes???

sorry, had to.
but yes, i check my mailbox religiously. I come home on my lunch break just to check my mailbox.
My interview letter came on a thursday, i wonder if this time it will also come on a thurs.
I can't wait

Good Luck everyone.

well start checking your mailbox...i got my letter today....i'm under "active consideration":(

but good luck to every one else! and congrats if you're one of the 43 that got in!!

i haven't received anything yet, but with your stats - you're still placed on hold.....I guess I should not be so optimistic...

Thanks for posting and good luck with other schools you applied.

ahhh, 43...

Man, I won't be able to check my mail until tonight! I've been such a wreck worrying about my status at USC. I'm definitely gonna be speeding home tonight. Good luck to all you Nov. 18ers! :scared: