USC Nov 18th interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Only 43 got in!

I don't even want to know my fate. I am not a very lucky person...............

I wish I knew exactly how they tabulate points and rankings for everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

active consideration for me too... bummmer

43?! That's not even 30%!

I thought they would have accepted more ppl since it's the first interview.

I'm getting really worried now. My mail doesn't come until 2-3pm. :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
I was reading up on last years acceptances...

It looked like one day they mailed out all "active considerations" and another day they mailed out all acceptances.

Maybe I don't want to see anything in the mail today.

Technically it hasn't been 4 weeks, so that's kinda odd. Does anyone know if out-of-state students receive their mail later or about the same time.

Technically it hasn't been 4 weeks, so that's kinda odd. Does anyone know if out-of-state students receive their mail later or about the same time.

I'm not sure for acceptances, but I'm out of state, and my interview invite letter arrived about 2 days after a lot of people on this forum.

Wohhoo i got in!! Thank you USC! i knew you guys would give me another chance! Good hope there's more good news soon!

Wohhoo i got in!! Thank you USC! i knew you guys would give me another chance! Good hope there's more good news soon!

congrats, mustangrolla! i'm on "active consideration" again...

Congratulations!!

I still have to wait for the mail...:scared:

Mailman already came but nothing from USC!!!.....what does that mean!!!?

Maybe tomorow. It also depends on individual post office and the city you live in too.

I got put on active consideration too. Dang!

I guess the positive feedback from my faculty interviewer didn't mean much.

I really wonder how they rank ppl.

ohh well..to all those waitlisted- we still have a chance.

Congrats on your acceptance mustangrolla.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got put on active consideration too. Dang!

I guess the positive feedback from my faculty interviewer didn't mean much.

I really wonder how they rank ppl.

ohh well..to all those waitlisted- we still have a chance.

Congrats on your acceptance mustangrolla.

i guess it's all a big mystery...

congratulations mustangrolla!!!!

I'm not sure for acceptances, but I'm out of state, and my interview invite letter arrived about 2 days after a lot of people on this forum.

have you heard anything yet from USC?

So I don't consider being on "active consideration" any different from being on a waitlist. I want to keep my hopes up for USC, but I'm not going to count on it.

C'mon Western! Take me please!!!

So I calculated the percentage of people they accepted it was 28.7% out of everyone interviewed that day (150 were interviewed and 43 accepted). I mean, if they interview that many people every time, they're bound to find people that they liked that just applied later. USC is my number one choice, but I'll live.

If you got in, congrats. I envy you A LOT, but congrats.

Annoyed and depressed.

AND I STILL have to do MORE hw. Let's add that to this wonderful day.

=)

OMG guys.... I got in!! OMG....this is not happening, OMG

OMG, I haven't even received a letter for an interview yet from USC. OMG:eek:

i got nothing either.. maybe it's cuz we're from nor cal?

I'm from Nor Cal and I didn't recieve anything yet either. God, this wait is killing me. Hope my mailman comes early tomorrow...I don't have any plans other than watching the mailbox from my window. Sigh. :confused:

I got the letter in the mail. I got in =). Good Luck everyone stay encouraged =)

I have not heard from USC, I hope I will be granted an interview, the wait is killing me too:oops:

have you heard anything yet from USC?

Nope. Mailbox was empty yesterday. Maybe I'll hear today or tomorrow; hopefully the delay is due to being in Oregon. We'll see!!

For all those accepted: Congratulations, and don't forget to update the Roll Call thread!

I'm still waiting for the mail, but did you get a big envelop? Btw, congrats on your acceptance!!!

I'm still waiting for the mail, but did you get a big envelop? Btw, congrats on your acceptance!!!

OMG....I GOT IN!!! I Just got the envelope, and yes, it is big..with a nice shiny red USC folder in it. I'M SO FREAKING HAPPY...! Weee! Good luck everyone!!!
:) :) :) :) :) :)

Another 'active consideration'....:( .. and I didn't receive any other interview invite.....:( :( :( and 2 finals tomorow......sorry, just need to cry out....

Another 'active consideration'....:( .. and I didn't receive any other interview invite.....:( :( :( and 2 finals tomorow......sorry, just need to cry out....

smallkitty, you need to focus on your 2 finals tomorrow and do well, ACE your classes. you still have a very good chance, don't worry!

i am with you smallkitty
wanna cry...........

I was at the 11/18 interview, and still haven't heard anything. I'm hoping it's due to the fact that I'm out-of-state, and maybe the mail took longer. Have any out-of-state interviewees heard anything? Either hold or acceptance?

I was at the 11/18 interview, and still haven't heard anything. I'm hoping it's due to the fact that I'm out-of-state, and maybe the mail took longer. Have any out-of-state interviewees heard anything? Either hold or acceptance?

Since your interview letter took a couple days more to get to you, I'm thinking your decision letter will too. So hang in, it'll probably be tomorrow or Saturday! My fingers are crossed for you :D

I got in but I've decided to go to UOP instead, so at least that will clear up 1 more spot for people that are still under consideration :)
Good luck!

hey whoatasneem!!! congratulations in getting into USC!!!!! :)

I got in but I've decided to go to UOP instead, so at least that will clear up 1 more spot for people that are still under consideration :)
Good luck!

congrats! and thanks for the hopes ;)