USC Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone receive invites for the next interview Nov 21?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an invite for Nov 21 today

Last edited:
Submitted PharmCAS and supplemental in both on October 8th, but I still haven't received any emails at all. How long does it take to receive an email?

Good luck to all!

Last edited:
It's been three weeks since USC interview. These weeks been so slow!!!
If you think 3 weeks is slow, check the previous years threads. USC places a lot of early interviewees on "active consideration" and doesn't let them know until they conduct more interviews. which is November January Feb Mar this year.

Just the got acceptance letter! Best of luck to everyone

Reactions: 3 users
Are you people actually going to pay 400K for USC Pharmacy?

It will be worthwhile.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
For those that got accepted, did they mention a minimum GPA that has to be maintained for nonprerequisite classes?

For those that got accepted, did they mention a minimum GPA that has to be maintained for nonprerequisite classes?

They mentioned that you need to maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA.

""Please note that your admission to the School is conditional upon the successful completion of all pre-pharmacy requirements prior to the beginning of the fall semester on August 24, 2015. You must maintain a 3.00 (“B”) or better in outstanding pre-pharmacy courses and cumulative grade point average.""

They mentioned that you need to maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA.

""Please note that your admission to the School is conditional upon the successful completion of all pre-pharmacy requirements prior to the beginning of the fall semester on August 24, 2015. You must maintain a 3.00 (“B”) or better in outstanding pre-pharmacy courses and cumulative grade point average.""
That is correct. I know a few people that got rescinded last year for not meeting that requirement.

i was looking at their website, it costs about $200k for tuition alone which is pretty expensive. but this is only slightly more expensive than uop, which is $180k. i was just wondering if there's something else i'm missing because i've noticed people point out more frequently how expensive usc is than compared to uop.

i was looking at their website, it costs about $200k for tuition alone which is pretty expensive. but this is only slightly more expensive than uop, which is $180k. i was just wondering if there's something else i'm missing because i've noticed people point out more frequently how expensive usc is than compared to uop.

I think it's the fact USC is a 4 years school compared to UOP, which is 3 years. This means your out of school quicker and able to get a job earlier. In addition, the cost of living between the two area is pretty different. LA is much more expensive than Stockton.

Reactions: 1 user
Sign In and Lunch was from 11:30- 1
Faculty Q&A 30 mins
Student Q&A 30 mins
Essay 50 mins
2 Snack Breaks 15 Mins each
Interview 20-30 Mins
Facility Tour 30 Mins

This is the first time we've done it this way! I hope it went well and you liked it!

Above is not necessarily going to be in any order- People are put into blocks and you may be in the first block to interview early or in the last block to interview last. Each block rotates to something new!

Reactions: 1 users

Finally someone that agrees with me (I mentioned this in last years thread)! I did the mathematics on excel using numbers provided by each school (not through the website but real numbers through the portal/payment page) and it costs nearly the same.

The only thing is the cost of living in Stockton is much cheaper! I was able to secure a studio apartment in a "nice" (well nice of Stockton) for $1000 (incl. utilities and such)

In LA, I am sharing a 2 bedroom apartment in Lincoln Heights for $1000 no including utilities

But UOP is tri-semester so you actually stay during the summer vs. at USC you may be going home yet still be paying for rent.

UOP tuition alone is $175K, and plus all other miscellaneous fee, the total is $182K. But usc tuition alone is already $195K, which has not included the mandatory fee. But yea, UOP is pretty expensive too.

Congratulation to those who got accepted.Did anyone get Active Consideration letter from USC? Do you guys know what's gonna happen next?

Can someone give me some last minute tips on the interview? I have mine this Friday! So excited!

Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
I interviewed on Nov 21 and I remember them saying that we have to fill out a survey about the interview process. Did anyone receive the link to the survey yet? Or did you already complete the survey during the interview date? Did I just leave to early? I stayed until the end and got the yellow folder that I thought would give more info about the survey but there was no information about it in there. I know the survey is not importance for admissions but I want to be safe by completing everything they tell instead of being disqualified for not paying to instructions..

I interviewed on Nov 21 and I remember them saying that we have to fill out a survey about the interview process. Did anyone receive the link to the survey yet? Or did you already complete the survey during the interview date? Did I just leave to early? I stayed until the end and got the yellow folder that I thought would give more info about the survey but there was no information about it in there. I know the survey is not importance for admissions but I want to be safe by completing everything they tell instead of being disqualified for not paying to instructions..
I interviewed on the 21st as well and I also didn't receive anything about the survey...I believe they said we would receive the survey via email

got accepted today as well!

Reactions: 1 user