USC (Residential) DPT Applicants 2019-2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Future_Ms_DPT

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i submitted my application to the University of Southern California on 11/26/19 and received an email stating that they got everything on 12/2/19. It’s been about a month and I am anxiously waiting for what I hope will be good news.

Just wanted to start a thread for other applicants, as well as those already accepted, for us to discuss the program and whatnot! Seeing as I am out of state I have not gotten the chance to visit and only know what I know about the porgram from doing research online.
 
i submitted my application to the University of Southern California on 11/26/19 and received an email stating that they got everything on 12/2/19. It’s been about a month and I am anxiously waiting for what I hope will be good news.

Just wanted to start a thread for other applicants, as well as those already accepted, for us to discuss the program and whatnot! Seeing as I am out of state I have not gotten the chance to visit and only know what I know about the porgram from doing research online.
My application was received 9/3/19 and I was accepted 12/9/19. There is an open house on 1/17/20 for accepted applicants. I plan to attend, so if you want me to get any information for you DM me!
 
My application was received 9/3/19 and I was accepted 12/9/19. There is an open house on 1/17/20 for accepted applicants. I plan to attend, so if you want me to get any information for you DM me!
I actually just received my acceptance! It came on Thursday, but I didn’t see it bc it did not go to my inbox. Unfortunately with such short notice I won’t be able to make the open house in two weeks bc I am across the country, but I will definitely PM you some questions I have about the program!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I actually just received my acceptance! It came on Thursday, but I didn’t see it bc it did not go to my inbox. Unfortunately with such short notice I won’t be able to make the open house in two weeks bc I am across the country, but I will definitely PM you some questions I have about the program!
Yay!! Congrats!! I definitely understand... I only got two weeks notice from Pittsburgh and was like uhhhh nope not gonna make it lol
 
Yay!! Congrats!! I definitely understand... I only got two weeks notice from Pittsburgh and was like uhhhh nope not gonna make it lol
Is USC one of the top contenders you’re choosing from as far as attending? Also curious as to what appealed to you in regards to the program bc those cost is frightening:dead:
 
Is USC one of the top contenders you’re choosing from as far as attending? Also curious as to what appealed to you in regards to the program bc those cost is frightening:dead:
Yes! I'm set on USC, but I'm currently deciding between the residential and the hybrid programs. I'm from southern california so the location is huge for me (weather, close to support system). I know and have worked with a lot of USC DPT students/graduates and they speak highly of the program. I'm also very interested in their residencies and fellowships. It's extremely expensive, but ultimately I think it's going to get me where I want to be in my professional career.
 
Yes! I'm set on USC, but I'm currently deciding between the residential and the hybrid programs. I'm from southern california so the location is huge for me (weather, close to support system). I know and have worked with a lot of USC DPT students/graduates and they speak highly of the program. I'm also very interested in their residencies and fellowships. It's extremely expensive, but ultimately I think it's going to get me where I want to be in my professional career.
I see. Is where you live in SoCal far from USC? I took an online course over the summer and procrastinated like no other with it, so I know that online courses don’t necessarily work for me let alone a full program. I need to be in physical class in order to be the most productive, but that’s just me.

How soon after your email acceptance did you receive the official letter in the mail? In the email it said one was coming, but I have not received it yet. I take it the first deposit form will also be included?
 
Has anyone heard any updates recently? Still haven't heard anything since applying in September
Same...I had a ton of prereqs I was doing fall '19 and submitted them through academic update. No news at all. I've heard SC has kept on admitting students through April (as per their website).
 
Has anyone heard any updates recently? Still haven't heard anything since applying in September
I sent in my app at the end of November and received my acceptance the first week of January. It came to my spam inbox though, so I’d check all of your inboxes to make sure they haven’t sent anything!
 
Same...I had a ton of prereqs I was doing fall '19 and submitted them through academic update. No news at all. I've heard SC has kept on admitting students through April (as per their website).
ugh april is so late, hopefully we hear back soon! good luck!
 
I sent in my app at the end of November and received my acceptance the first week of January. It came to my spam inbox though, so I’d check all of your inboxes to make sure they haven’t sent anything!
congrats! and thank you i'll be checking my spam inbox forshure now! by any chance did you go to their open house?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got waitlisted yesterday! Super exciting. Does anyone know what the chances are of getting of the waitlist?