USC secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shuzee

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
they require to write about leadership experiences and activities pertaining to medicine. should i just cut and paste from AMCAS or would that be a bad idea??! i will be writing the same thing anyways?

Members don't see this ad.

shuzee said:
they require to write about leadership experiences and activities pertaining to medicine. should i just cut and paste from AMCAS or would that be a bad idea??! i will be writing the same thing anyways?

This is how I look at situations like this: If they ask you a question that you explicitly answer in your amcas experiences, then copying is *exactly* what you should too. Maybe expand/contract it a bit to fit, but if they didn't want the same answers, then *they* shouldn't ask the same questions. I orginally tried to start my answers for questions like these from scratch, but then i realized: we all put soo much time into our AMCASs, that the responses we have there are (hopefully) the best that we're ever going to be able to express those aprticualr topics/thoughts...so why mess with a good thing?

Anyway, that's my 2 cents. :)

im contemplating that as well. im really really confused at this point of time.

shuzee said:
im contemplating that as well. im really really confused at this point of time.

I am working on my KECK secondary, hopefully I will be done this weekend. I wrote short scholarly essays for the education stuff and used anectodal evidence to argue that I am who they are seeking. It has been fun. All the information on my secondary is not found in my essay. You have to be careful with schools that do blind interviews (meaning the interviews only know what you put on the secondary and sometimes personal essay)-they do not have a clue about your numbers. If the school is a number school like ucsf, ucla, wash u, upenn et cetera then who cares what you do on their essays-copy paste et cetera. When UCSF states they look at the whole application, they are really full of it. If this was really the case they would have a larger spread of numbers. (Ha, ha, I am just mad at them because they did not send me a secondary :( )

But copy and paste from amcas to your secondary if you are applying to keck, my chances will then increase :D .