Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
USC Greenville
Pros
I really love Greenville and have established connections there (friends and family).
Solid match rates in a variety of specialties both competitive and less competitive.
I like the smaller class size
Cons
Slightly less established research opportunities my larger state school.
Not many home programs in very competitive specialties.
Pre clinical p/f has hidden quartile ranks.
MCG
Pros
Stronger research establishments than USC Greenville
Wider breadth of home programs for competitive specialties.
Cons
I have very little interest in living in Augusta
I prefer smaller class sizes generally
Summary: Overall, I feel like if I perform well and try hard at either school I will be well off in regard to residency. So to me, it comes down to which learning environment I feel would be more conducive to my success. Also, MCG is cheaper, but money is not my top priority in deciding which school to pick. I just wanted to see what other people think.
Pros
I really love Greenville and have established connections there (friends and family).
Solid match rates in a variety of specialties both competitive and less competitive.
I like the smaller class size
Cons
Slightly less established research opportunities my larger state school.
Not many home programs in very competitive specialties.
Pre clinical p/f has hidden quartile ranks.
MCG
Pros
Stronger research establishments than USC Greenville
Wider breadth of home programs for competitive specialties.
Cons
I have very little interest in living in Augusta
I prefer smaller class sizes generally
Summary: Overall, I feel like if I perform well and try hard at either school I will be well off in regard to residency. So to me, it comes down to which learning environment I feel would be more conducive to my success. Also, MCG is cheaper, but money is not my top priority in deciding which school to pick. I just wanted to see what other people think.