USC status changed to Alternate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hominhnhat

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any one get the status change to alternate/waitlist today ?

Members don't see this ad.

Did you happen to interview there recently? It changes to that at some point after you interview.

I interviewed in early Nov, and it just changed today. how about u ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does this mean you've been waitlisted?

I interviewed in early Nov, and it just changed today. how about u ?

I interviewed mid-oct, and then it changed id say a week or two after that. I wouldn't take it as you've been waitlisted..they specifically said in the interview that's what your status will be until otherwise notified.

I've interviewed with them but never have them show up on my AADSAS. Are all of those who've interviewed have USC showing up?

dont they put everyone on a waitlist and then accept/reject them later on?

yes. that's what i said already. so no one should worry about it...

Thanks! Looks like I'm waitlisted too.

They actually did say that everyone will be waitlisted as well. They don't reject anyone.

right but the more I hear about the school the less included I am to even want to go interview there. I heard their PBL format failed and they are scrapping it next year. (dunno if thats true or not.)

right but the more I hear about the school the less included I am to even want to go interview there. I heard their PBL format failed and they are scrapping it next year. (dunno if thats true or not.)

Whaaat?! They were all for it when I interviewed there. I don't think they're gonna scrap it. All their students said positive things about it. The only negative things I see from the school is their ridiculous tuition and their huge class size. Otherwise, it's a really good school. The campus is gorgeous. This school would have been my top choice if it wasn't for their high tuition.

Members don't see this ad :)
Whaaat?! They were all for it when I interviewed there. I don't think they're gonna scrap it. All their students said positive things about it. The only negative things I see from the school is their ridiculous tuition and their huge class size. Otherwise, it's a really good school. The campus is gorgeous. This school would have been my top choice if it wasn't for their high tuition.

Ye im not too sure about my statement it was an opinion voiced by a D4 student who goes to another school. So again dont quote me on that. But from what I heard it wasnt successful and people were failing. I dunno how PBL works or if it really works. Its a very new concept and it hasnt caught on yet nor has it been proven to be successful.

Ye im not too sure about my statement it was an opinion voiced by a D4 student who goes to another school. So again dont quote me on that. But from what I heard it wasnt successful and people were failing. I dunno how PBL works or if it really works. Its a very new concept and it hasnt caught on yet nor has it been proven to be successful.

No it really hasn't caught on. There's only a few school using it like Indian, Harvard, LECOM, not sure if there are any others. So only a few.

No it really hasn't caught on. There's only a few school using it like Indian, Harvard, LECOM, not sure if there are any others. So only a few.

ye I wonder how effective it is, as a learning tool.

Don't worry about the "alternate" status. I got that after I interviewed as well, and I got a call Dec 1st at 9 a.m.

As far as PBL goes, it really is what you make of it. I don't know what it's like at USC, but there are some post-Bac students at Cal that have done TREMENDOUS things with PBL for one of our faculty in oral and maxillofacial surgery.

USC's PBL program has been under fire for some time now, but I had a cousin that went there and it worked great for her. The point is, don't let what other people are saying get to you. Ultimately, your learning experience will be what you make of it. I'm sure you guys would agree, as anyone who does poorly, regardless of their educational model, will be the first to say the system has a problem. I've heard many great things about USC PBL, which unsurprisingly came from friends that thrived in it. :cool:

Best of luck to you guys, the big day is just a week away!

Don't worry about the "alternate" status. I got that after I interviewed as well, and I got a call Dec 1st at 9 a.m.

As far as PBL goes, it really is what you make of it. I don't know what it's like at USC, but there are some post-Bac students at Cal that have done TREMENDOUS things with PBL for one of our faculty in oral and maxillofacial surgery.

USC's PBL program has been under fire for some time now, but I had a cousin that went there and it worked great for her. The point is, don't let what other people are saying get to you. Ultimately, your learning experience will be what you make of it. I'm sure you guys would agree, as anyone who does poorly, regardless of their educational model, will be the first to say the system has a problem. I've heard many great things about USC PBL, which unsurprisingly came from friends that thrived in it. :cool:

Best of luck to you guys, the big day is just a week away!
Thanks for respond:xf:

I got the same status of being waitlisted/alternate:(

my status was wait list/ alternate now it's just alternate...anyone in the same boat?