USC students, where to live?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Leokazumahyon

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Where is a decent, relatively safe place to live for USC students? I am hoping to find a place with a short commute time.

Members don't see this ad.

are you married or single? any kids? do you like the beach? do you know martial arts? do you have a gun?

are you married or single? any kids? do you like the beach? do you know martial arts? do you have a gun?

Hahaha. No gun or martial arts abilities. 1 wife, 1 little boy.

Members don't see this ad :)
South Pasadena or Culver City. If the kid is going to be going to school in the next 4 years, South Pasadena has better schools.

Where is a decent, relatively safe place to live for USC students? I am hoping to find a place with a short commute time.

hirmoza beach!!!!

kidding but just the thought of it gives me this euphoric feeling.

You might want to check it out Skid Row. I heard places in that area are reasonably priced and actually quite nice. The commute is not so bad either.
:thumbup:

I actually did check out the skid row section of south central a two weeks ago. I went on a run around the downtown area and took a couple of wrong turns. Saw a lot of cop cars blocking side streets with police officers, guns drawn. I'll pass.

I actually did check out the skid row section of south central a two weeks ago. I went on a run around the downtown area and took a couple of wrong turns. Saw a lot of cop cars blocking side streets with police officers, guns drawn. I'll pass.

So the Neo-Gothic Card Board Box Architecture isn't your Style huh??

LA is strange that way. On one block you have the Walt Disney Concert Hall and million dollar SkyLofts. And the very next block is lined with hungry homeless people living in cardboard boxes and I literally mean cardboard boxes.

Driving down Broadway or by Little Tokyo at night is one of the most depressing things I've seen. I think alot of the homeless are actually just schizophrenics that the system just chose to ignore. Because I saw alot of people just screaming and talking to themselves.

It's a part of our society that people don't want to see. And I can't blame them - it's sad. When I was an undergrad I used to volunteer in alot of food drives, especially around the holidays. But now I'm scared to say I've become surprisingly indifferent.