USC Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
when should we expect invitations? any ideas?:xf:

I remember on the email it said that their first interview is Oct 26! So hopefully we hear soon!! Has anyone heard??

Members don't see this ad.

Email said 1to 3 weeks before the interview so starting tomm is the count down! First interview is Oct 29th on a Saturday

shameless bump.

any interview invites?

Members don't see this ad :)
any news? anyone?? gaaahh im sick of checking my email for an interview

OMG me too, I am getting crazing by checking my email every minute..:xf:
.....I have just called admission office, they said they will send invitations early next week.....So relax... we have one more week to go:luck:

.....I have just called admission office, they said they will send invitations early next week.....So relax... we have one more week to go:luck:

Sigh. Okay. One more week to wait. Hang in there guys!

I just got my interview invite via email.

I am so scared ,I am not sure I can get an interview or not….

Last edited:
OMG I JUST GOT INVITATION...YAAYYYY:luck:

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
do you guys know if interviews are given to everyone or if there's an actual screening process?

yay! me three!! lol I think today was the first they started sending invites :)

I submitted my 2nd app on Sept 20th and got the invitation today, so I think they process everything pretty quick :)

I didnt get anything yet :( You guys that got an interview, can you post your stats? And what classes youre missing? I think I might be missing too many of them:(

yayyyyy. got mine too.

pretty high gpa... i'm missing ochem lab only. no formal pharm tech experience, but i am certified as a pharm tech as well as registered with the CA board. i wish i was notified two months in advance instead of only two weeks...

do you guys know if interviews are given to everyone or if there's an actual screening process?

Interviews are not given to everyone; I think they invite on average 400-500 or so every year to fill a class of roughly 190 seats.

For everyone worrying about getting an interview, just keep in mind that there's four interview dates for a reason! Don't freak out if you don't get an invite for October. I interviewed in January and I know people who interviewed in the later months and we all got in just fine. It's a terribly anxious time waiting to hear something (trust me, I know!) especially when people around you are receiving invites, but just sit tight and hope your time comes, whether its next week or next year.

As always, if anyone has any questions regarding the interview day, logistics, or anything SC in general, feel free to PM me! And good luck to all those interviewing this month!

For those who got the interview invite today, did you guys receive evaluation letters as well? My friend received the evaluation letter last Friday, but didn't get an invite today.

Interviews are not given to everyone; I think they invite on average 400-500 or so every year to fill a class of roughly 190 seats.

For everyone worrying about getting an interview, just keep in mind that there's four interview dates for a reason! Don't freak out if you don't get an invite for October. I interviewed in January and I know people who interviewed in the later months and we all got in just fine. It's a terribly anxious time waiting to hear something (trust me, I know!) especially when people around you are receiving invites, but just sit tight and hope your time comes, whether its next week or next year.

As always, if anyone has any questions regarding the interview day, logistics, or anything SC in general, feel free to PM me! And good luck to all those interviewing this month!
Thanks, would u mind giving us some advices about the interview? What type of question are they asking …its personal or it’s only about your supplemental application?

I just heard from a student that some pharmacy school do not take or count statistics taken ONLINE!! is this true with USC? I took mine online and now kinda worried! :(...if anyone knows anything about this, please share...

Thank you guys

I just heard from a student that some pharmacy school do not take or count statistics taken ONLINE!! is this true with USC? I took mine online and now kinda worried! :(...if anyone knows anything about this, please share...

Thank you guys

Best to probably call in to USC and ask directly. You can always email them also. And don't worry, you still have winter/spring to take the course if necessary :)

Best to probably call in to USC and ask directly. You can always email them also. And don't worry, you still have winter/spring to take the course if necessary :)

Yea I guess:rolleyes:...I called them today but No one was available at the admission! so I will have to try back tomorrow!! I was going to take time off from school for the winter and spring!! it will suck big time if they dont accept it! But thanks for getting back to me...:thumbup:

Does anyone know if they re-evaluate you after December when new fall grades are in? I'm misisng 5 classes so Im concerned that that's too many and they may decide not to interview me for that. But they're all in progress now, so I'm going to send an updated transcript in December when my new grades are out. Would they look at my app again with the new grades and re-evaluate my app? Thanks to anyone who knows the answer

The interview is twenty minutes long, though it doesn't necessarily go that long always, and in some cases might go a little longer! As far as I know, everyone is interviewed by a student and a faculty/PharmD. The questions I was asked were pretty standard to start with (definitely check out interview feedback page!) - tell me about yourself, why pharmacy, why USC and so forth. The rest of the interview tends to be dictated from what you say before, and what is on your supplemental (they had it in front of them as far as I could tell, as they were pulling things I had wrote out from it and asking me). As long as you know why you're there, why you want to go where you want to go (assuming you know where you want to go :)), just be confident and you'll be fine. As with any interview, they just want to get to know you. And as always, ask your interviewers questions! You can get two interesting viewpoints from your two interviewers, so utilize that.

Otherwise, just show up a little early, mingle with your potential future classmates, talk with some of us current students (some of us will be there), and relax. You'll all be just fine, no matter how you think your interview day goes! And make sure you read the instructions for the writing sample/summary!

Thanks, would u mind giving us some advices about the interview? What type of question are they asking …its personal or it’s only about your supplemental application?

The interview is twenty minutes long, though it doesn't necessarily go that long always, and in some cases might go a little longer! As far as I know, everyone is interviewed by a student and a faculty/PharmD. The questions I was asked were pretty standard to start with (definitely check out interview feedback page!) - tell me about yourself, why pharmacy, why USC and so forth. The rest of the interview tends to be dictated from what you say before, and what is on your supplemental (they had it in front of them as far as I could tell, as they were pulling things I had wrote out from it and asking me). As long as you know why you're there, why you want to go where you want to go (assuming you know where you want to go :)), just be confident and you'll be fine. As with any interview, they just want to get to know you. And as always, ask your interviewers questions! You can get two interesting viewpoints from your two interviewers, so utilize that.

Otherwise, just show up a little early, mingle with your potential future classmates, talk with some of us current students (some of us will be there), and relax. You'll all be just fine, no matter how you think your interview day goes! And make sure you read the instructions for the writing sample/summary!

thanks for the advice! can you please give some suggestions on the writing sample? I know its on current event, but there's so many of them. I'm scared that I wont know the topic :?

The interview is twenty minutes long, though it doesn't necessarily go that long always, and in some cases might go a little longer! As far as I know, everyone is interviewed by a student and a faculty/PharmD.

Thanks alot :D. I can't find the interview feedback page...how can I find it?

thanks for the advice! can you please give some suggestions on the writing sample? I know its on current event, but there's so many of them. I'm scared that I wont know the topic :?

The writing sample is traditionally not your standard essay. It's really more about being able to read instructions and effectively organizing ideas and conveying it back. I can't tell you anything about the topic, or what it might be, but it's not something you need to know anything about. In fact, I would go out and say that you shouldn't impose your own opinion in your piece. You'll know what I mean when you see it (again, assuming nothings changed). It's more of...a summary than a composition. Just. Read. The. Directions. :)

The interview is twenty minutes long, though it doesn't necessarily go that long always, and in some cases might go a little longer! As far as I know, everyone is interviewed by a student and a faculty/PharmD.

Thanks alot :D. I can't find the interview feedback page...how can I find it?

Scroll to the veryyyy top of this page,and along the top banner in that dark blue area..."Interview Feedback" and make your way to pharmacy and USC. You might want to add a grain of salt to the really old comments, from like 2004...as things may not be the same anymore.

does anyone know about how many people are attending the interview? is it 150 people total with 50 people being accepted?

who here is going to attend the 11:15 AM interview?!

does anyone know about how many people are attending the interview? is it 150 people total with 50 people being accepted?
I dont know I wish we could find out some way...

I dont know I wish we could find out some way...

To the best of my knowledge, that is traditionally how it works. First interview group is the largest. They'll give you exact numbers when you get your acceptance or AC letters after each interview though.

I will be in the 9:30 am group? I dont know how many groups will be on that day, but a friend of mine got it at 10:30 and another one got it earlier than mine >"<

I will be in the 9:30 am group? I dont know how many groups will be on that day, but a friend of mine got it at 10:30 and another one got it earlier than mine >"<

haha wow, i have 8 AM, and i feel like i'm the only one i've met so far with that time. sooo early....

I'm from SF. You? Maybe I'll see you at the interview! :p

I'm feeling nervous about the interview already =/

lol what a coincidence! same here. do you go to school in sf as well? how you getting there?

lol what a coincidence! same here. do you go to school in sf as well? how you getting there?

i went to school in san diego, but i live in SF. i'm going to take the plane to LAX, and then my family is going to drop me off at USC. you?