Program-Specific Info / Q's USC vs. Columbia OT. Any advice? Tips? Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kimot_

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am trying to decide between USC and Columbia University's OT program!
They're both great programs and they are extremely similar in tuition so it's really hard for me to pick.
I don't mind living in LA nor NY too.. so I'm extremely stressed out! I'm not sure what I should factor out when picking the right school for me.
Any tips on picking the best OT school or how did you choose the right school for yourself?

Also if you currently attend USC/Columbia's OT program, can you please give me some input on what your program is like?? I believe that hearing about the program and actually being in the program is very different. If you could give me some insight I'd really appreciate it :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

They're both great programs and they are extremely similar in tuition so it's really hard for me to pick.
I don't mind living in LA nor NY too.. so I'm extremely stressed out! I'm not sure what I should factor out when picking the right school for me.
Any tips on picking the best OT school or how did you choose the right school for yourself?

Also if you currently attend USC/Columbia's OT program, can you please give me some input on what your program is like?? I believe that hearing about the program and actually being in the program is very different. If you could give me some insight I'd really appreciate it :)
I'm interested in both of these programs!

What were your stats if you don't mind sharing :)

Hey guys,

I hope I am not super late but, I hope what I will say can give you some insight.
I am currently a current first-year OT student at USC that just completed my week one orientation and summer courses that we are taking hybrid.
My biggest takeaway from the week is how honest, helpful, and passionate everyone in our division is. The faculty, the teaching assistants, the directors/admin. Everyone is just super cool. I don't really get caught up in the glamour of the name but, I can definitely understand now why USC Chan OT is ranked where they are. The perks and connections are unmatched. The most valuable thing is that everyone in the division really strives for everyone to succeed and not just selected individuals. The only reason I even applied to USC is becoming I met a graduate that was super proud of her experience and that is what made me want to experience that kind of thing. Lastly, we work hard and play a little hard too! 😆