USC waitlist movement?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cindy82

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Does anybody know when USC is going to send out the next round of acceptance?

Thanks so much.

Members don't see this ad.

Cindy82 said:
Hi everyone,

Does anybody know when USC is going to send out the next round of acceptance?

Thanks so much.
Except UOP, all other cal schools have sent out less than 50% of their class sizes. USC has sent out much less than that. From what we have seen from the acceptance thread, many have received more than one acceptance letter from Cal schools. So there will be even more spots available for wait listed people and late applicants. So keep your hope up. They put you on the wait list prob bc they want to compare you with other late applicants.

The acceptance thread worried me so much that I called all the schools. And that was what they told me. They actually gave me numbers.

So again, for cal schools (except UOP), it IS NOT late yet. Good Luck everyone and keep your hope up.

I heard the same thing as luder. During my interview at USC they told us that the acceptance is based on: 33.333% GPA, 33.333% DAT, 33.333% Interview. They went on to say that at USC your application and personal statement, do not make a difference unless you are borderline. So what they said they do is that by december they have interviewed about 150 students out of a total of 500 students. In december they will choose a cut off percentage from which to choose their students. So suppose your GPA is 4.0, DAT is 30, but you got 50% on your interview, you would get an 83.333% total score. If USC chooses to make their cut off at 85% you will be placed on the waiting list and they will rank you. But as more applicants get interviewed they get scores as well, and they have higher than 83.333% they will bump you down to be ranked lower.

Thanks so much for the info.

How I wished USC could come up with a better system. I would rather be notified of the outcome early than to wait till the last minute :(